Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity 3 steps to protect Webserver against DoS? Post 302895252 by Akshay Hegde on Sunday 30th of March 2014 06:50:53 AM
Old 03-30-2014

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password protect a file

I have created a PHP page that I use to clean files on my machine. I would like to leave the file there but I want to password protect it so that I am the only one that can run it from the shell. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -Cam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perryl7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar with password protect

Hello All, i work with backup, The below script runs and tar the user specified dir and put it in a backup machine. can any one help me to modify this in such a was that the tar file generated can be given a users specific password so that it can have high security. KINDLY LET ME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protect from rm /

We recently had an accidental delete from /. I hold the root password but others are allowed to sudo over to root to perform admin tasks. The only way I want to permit deletion from / is by physically being root (su -). I'd like to add a line to the sudoers file which would permit all commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

5. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a Process from Being Killed

Hi, I have a process which takes 13-15 mins for execution and its getting killed in the meantime.So can you please helpme out how to protect the process from getting killed. Thanks in advance. Regards, Harika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikagrp
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protect process

how to protect my process from others to kill?? Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrintu
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How to protect system from cloning?

Hello there, I would like to protect a Linux system from cloning, I don't mind if the cloned hard drive works in the same computer, but I need to avoid it to work in other one, even if it uses exactly same mainboard model and rest of computer parts. I want the cloned system to get frozen or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Installimat
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protect script

Is there a way to have a user be prompted for a password to open a file? I am trying to protect a bash script from being changed. Thank you :). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
HTDIGEST(1)							     htdigest							       HTDIGEST(1)

NAME
htdigest - manage user files for digest authentication SYNOPSIS
htdigest [ -c ] passwdfile realm username SUMMARY
htdigest is used to create and update the flat-files used to store usernames, realm and password for digest authentication of HTTP users. Resources available from the Apache HTTP server can be restricted to just the users listed in the files created by htdigest. This manual page only lists the command line arguments. For details of the directives necessary to configure digest authentication in httpd see the Apache manual, which is part of the Apache distribution or can be found at http://httpd.apache.org/. OPTIONS
-c Create the passwdfile. If passwdfile already exists, it is deleted first. passwdfile Name of the file to contain the username, realm and password. If -c is given, this file is created if it does not already exist, or deleted and recreated if it does exist. realm The realm name to which the user name belongs. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2617#section-3.2.1 for more details. username The user name to create or update in passwdfile. If username does not exist is this file, an entry is added. If it does exist, the password is changed. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
This program is not safe as a setuid executable. Do not make it setuid. Apache HTTP Server 2012-07-19 HTDIGEST(1)