Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date command is not working properly Post 302895250 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 30th of March 2014 06:34:00 AM
Old 03-30-2014
Hi, try:
Code:
date --date="$(date +%Y%m15) 1 month ago" +%Y%m

This behavior occurs, because februari 30 does not exist. So it is best to use the middle of the month to calculate the previous month..

--
Interestingly in recent ksh93 this seems to work alright:
Code:
$ printf "%(%Y%m)T\n" "last month"

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-30-2014 at 11:40 AM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

y is this not working properly?

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <unistd.h> struct stat s; main() { char c; if (fork()==0) { system("clear"); do { printf("myAI\\>§ "); scanf("%s",c); if(stat(c,&s)>-1) {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

FC card not working properly

Hi I've a problem with Hp-ux 11.11 9000/800/rp3440 system. Already the software for driver & its patch are loaded for HBA Fibrechannel card, but still the fibrechannel card is showing the status "Unclaimed" . What will be reason for this? How to get the status "Claimed" ? Pl. help me out.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n not working properly

Hi all, I'm trying to generate a series of txt files starting from a plain csv file part of my code: #!/bin/ksh INSTALLDIR=/Users/ME/Installdir CSV=CSV.csv TMP=/tmp/$(basename $0).txt tr -s "\r" "\n" < /$INSTALLDIR/$CSV > $TMP function Makefiles { printf '%24s:%30s\n' "sometext"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jive Spector
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail is not working properly

Hi All, Can any one help me to solve the issue. The Issue is, i have started the sendmail service on my RHEL 4 update 6 box, I am able to send the mail from my box to almost all of the Email Id's except few. Exampe, test mail. . Output is :the message is sent. now if I send the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtar.bhat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working properly

I am using mailx command in my script to attach a file and send an email. I need to attach a csv file and send email to a mail id - I am using uuencode output.csv output.csv | mailx -s "test mail" xyz@abc.com This will send a mail with scrambled text in body. am i missing something ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

date command not working

hi #!usr/bin/perl -w local ($date) = `/sbin/date "+%D %X" ` ; print $date when i run this in ksh shell it is giving the below error sh: /sbin/date: not found but same code is working and displaying date and time in sh shell. what could be the reason. pls help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psthariharan
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

sudo is not working properly

This is the first time for using sudo for me. # visudo ## Allows people in group admin to run all commands %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL # groupadd admin # useradd temp # usermod -a -G admin temp # id temp uid=506(temp) gid=506(temp) groups=506(temp),507(admin) # #sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join not working properly

I want to join two files , with file 1 col 3 and file 2 col 1 as key. The join command is erratic for some reason. File 2 is a master file having all the names, and file 1 has some values. I want to add the names from fil2 in file 1. If I use the original master file, some output is missing. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expansion not working properly

I'm using an Ubuntu machine and expansion is not working properly. What would cause this? Do I need to check for any particular bash packages? $ ipcs -m | grep $USER | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' $ ipcs -m | grep UNF | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}' 294912 1048577 425986 688131 786436 1245189... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command not working properly

This is my sample file cat bipin.txt Unix is an OS Unix has its own commmands Unix is a user friendly OS Unix is platform independent Unix is a time sharing OS the best OS to learn is Unix Abinitio uses Unix in backend When i use sed 's/Unix/Linux/' bipin.txt , only the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin_1991
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. (This is the default.) -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD