Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity 3 steps to protect Webserver against DoS? Post 302895229 by Neo on Saturday 29th of March 2014 07:14:29 PM
Old 03-29-2014
I think there are apache mods that will do this for you, since this is very basic.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password protect a file

I have created a PHP page that I use to clean files on my machine. I would like to leave the file there but I want to password protect it so that I am the only one that can run it from the shell. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -Cam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perryl7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar with password protect

Hello All, i work with backup, The below script runs and tar the user specified dir and put it in a backup machine. can any one help me to modify this in such a was that the tar file generated can be given a users specific password so that it can have high security. KINDLY LET ME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Protect from rm /

We recently had an accidental delete from /. I hold the root password but others are allowed to sudo over to root to perform admin tasks. The only way I want to permit deletion from / is by physically being root (su -). I'd like to add a line to the sudoers file which would permit all commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

5. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protect a Process from Being Killed

Hi, I have a process which takes 13-15 mins for execution and its getting killed in the meantime.So can you please helpme out how to protect the process from getting killed. Thanks in advance. Regards, Harika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikagrp
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protect process

how to protect my process from others to kill?? Double post, continued here, thread closed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrintu
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

How to protect system from cloning?

Hello there, I would like to protect a Linux system from cloning, I don't mind if the cloned hard drive works in the same computer, but I need to avoid it to work in other one, even if it uses exactly same mainboard model and rest of computer parts. I want the cloned system to get frozen or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Installimat
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password protect script

Is there a way to have a user be prompted for a password to open a file? I am trying to protect a bash script from being changed. Thank you :). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Pod::Webserver(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Pod::Webserver(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Webserver -- minimal web server to serve local Perl documentation SYNOPSIS
% podwebserver You can now point your browser at http://localhost:8020/ DESCRIPTION
This module can be run as an application that works as a minimal web server to serve local Perl documentation. It's like perldoc except it works through your browser. Run podwebserver -h for a list of runtime options. SECURITY (AND @INC) Pod::Webserver is not what you'd call a gaping security hole -- after all, all it does and could possibly do is serve HTML versions of anything you could get by typing "perldoc SomeModuleName". Pod::Webserver won't serve files at arbitrary paths or anything. But do consider whether you're revealing anything by basically showing off what versions of modules you've got installed; and also consider whether you could be revealing any proprietary or in-house module documentation. And also consider that this exposes the documentation of modules (i.e., any Perl files that at all look like modules) in your @INC dirs -- and your @INC probably contains "."! If your current working directory could contain modules whose Pod you don't want anyone to see, then you could do two things: The cheap and easy way is to just chdir to an uninteresting directory: mkdir ~/.empty; cd ~/.empty; podwebserver The more careful approach is to run podwebserver under perl in -T (taint) mode (as explained in perlsec), and to explicitly specify what extra directories you want in @INC, like so: perl -T -Isomepath -Imaybesomeotherpath -S podwebserver You can also use the -I trick (that's a capital "igh", not a lowercase "ell") to add dirs to @INC even if you're not using -T. For example: perl -I/that/thar/Module-Stuff-0.12/lib -S podwebserver An alternate approach is to use your shell's environment-setting commands to alter PERL5LIB or PERLLIB before starting podwebserver. These -T and -I switches are explained in perlrun. But I'll note in passing that you'll likely need to do this to get your PERLLIB environment variable to be in @INC... perl -T -I$PERLLIB -S podwebserver (Or replacing that with PERL5LIB, if that's what you use.) ON INDEXING '.' IN @INC Pod::Webserver uses the module Pod::Simple::Search to build the index page you see at http://yourservername:8020/ (or whatever port you choose instead of 8020). That module's indexer has one notable DWIM feature: it reads over @INC, except that it skips the "." in @INC. But you can work around this by expressing the current directory in some other way than as just the single literal period -- either as some more roundabout way, like so: perl -I./. -S podwebserver Or by just expressing the current directory absolutely: perl -I`pwd` -S podwebserver Note that even when "." isn't indexed, the Pod in files under it are still accessible -- just as if you'd typed "perldoc whatever" and got the Pod in ./whatever.pl SEE ALSO
This module is implemented using many CPAN modules, including: Pod::Simple::HTMLBatch Pod::Simple::HTML Pod::Simple::Search Pod::Simple See also Pod::Perldoc and <http://search.cpan.org/> COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2004-2006 Sean M. Burke. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Original author: Sean M. Burke "sburke@cpan.org" Maintained by: Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" perl v5.10.0 2008-01-09 Pod::Webserver(3pm)