Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 0653-340 There is not enough memory available now Post 302895069 by vbe on Friday 28th of March 2014 11:45:18 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Quote:
I am wondering if this issue is being caused by the number of files and folders in the mounted directory.
Edit/Delete Message
Im tempted to say yes... and no...
NFS mounted FS is for your system a Remote FS your system is not responsible for, so when it comes to write, cache etc your system relies on the remote server...
Lets imagine your AIX beeing paranoid ( like they used to in 4.3 ) and you, found a way of letting your system cache the way it would for local FS, since its network your system would not be aware of what is going on the remote side and so can your system guarantee data integrity with its cache?
No...
So to improve performance of remote file access there is a mechanism of read-ahead and write-ahead provided by the biods...
That said you can try troubleshooting with
Code:
netstat -s
netstat -p <protocol>
netstat -i
netstat -r
nfsstat

for a start to see if all is OK or needs a bit of tuning...

Last edited by vbe; 03-28-2014 at 01:14 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

0653-421 mksysb errot

When i am taking mksysb that time it is giving error 0653-421 error. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP 9000 340 help

Hi all, I've salveaged a fully working HP 9000 340 model with hard disk and floppy drive. It boots up and I get to the login screen. I don't have any usernames or passwords. Anyone know any hacks for the version of Unix it runs? Is there anyway I can reset the root password? Via Floppy? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
0 Replies
SETFIB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SETFIB(1)

NAME
setfib -- execute a utility with an altered default network view SYNOPSIS
setfib [-F] fib utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The setfib utility runs another utility with a different routing table. The table number fib will be used by default for all sockets started by this process or descendants. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of setfib is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. EXAMPLES
Run netstat(1) to view the second routing table. setfib -F 1 netstat -rn or setfib 1 netstat -rn or setfib -1 netstat -rn SEE ALSO
setfib(2), setsockopt(2) STANDARDS
The setfib utility is a FreeBSD specific extension. However, many UNIX-like systems have an equivalent function. HISTORY
The setfib utility appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BSD
October 20, 2008 BSD