Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 5.8 Upgrade is causing Date format issue. Post 302895061 by Jayant Tripathi on Friday 28th of March 2014 11:13:53 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Solaris 5.8 Upgrade..

Hi thanks for your reply.

By runnig date command on the server, it is displaying correct date.

But application is picking up wrong pattern. Instead of locking idle account evry 3rd month, it is doing it ever 3rd day.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date issue-find prevoius date in a patricular format

Hi , I have written a shell script that takes the current date on the server and stores it in a file. echo get /usr/home/data-`date '+%Y%d'`.xml> /usr/local/sandeep/GetFILE.ini I call this GetFILE.ini file from an sftp program to fetch a file from /usr/home/ as location. The file is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

2. Solaris

setting date format in solaris

Hi, i just want to know how to format date command in solaris. like in linux if i use `date +%s`, it gives me seconds since 1970, but in solaris (sol86) , it is giving %s as result. Is there any different way in solaris Thanks Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Live Upgrade issue with Zones

I 'm running solaris10 u6 with 141414-02. My system is T5220 running 2 Ldoms and 7 zones on primary domain. I 'm tryin to create booth environment on my alternate root disk after breaking the SVM mirroring but it does not go well and stuck at some point , and i have to reboot the system to get rid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Change date format in solaris 10

Hi We have upgraded our sun machine from solaris 9 to solaris 10. Before upgradation the date command output(Solaris 9) Wed Oct 13 09:45:21 IST 2010 But after upgradation the output for date is as below(solaris 10). Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:46:14 AM IST Looks like I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Live Upgrade Issue

Hi Guys, having an issue with running Live Upgrade on a t5240 runiing Solaris 10 5/08. The system has the required patches 121430, and Live upgrade was updated from the install media sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso The following boot environments were created solenv1 and solenv2 with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to replace Date format issue

Hi, I have the below data in a file in one of the path, 101 02100002111406893401207310900A094101xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 5200xxxxxxxxxx D18000_1 CCDXXXXXXX JUL 31201207 1140689340000001 622113010547999999999003 000333333334RE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramyajiguru1
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Date format help please

I have list of dates in a file. Am reading each line and trying to format date, Can you please help me ? Sample file content: 02/22/16 USA is great country 02/21/16 USA future 02/23/16 who is he I want to read each line from above file and format date as below 2016-02-21 (i.e., using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prince1987
1 Replies
KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)						    Chef Manual 					      KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)

NAME
knife-environment - Define cookbook policies for the environments in your infrastructure SYNOPSIS
knife environment sub-command (options) SUBCOMMANDS
Environment subcommands follow a basic create, read, update, delete (CRUD) pattern. The following subcommands are available: CREATE
knife environment create environment (options) -d, --description DESCRIPTION The value of the description field. Create a new environment object on the Chef Server. The envrionment will be opened in the text editor for editing prior to creation if the -n option is not present. DELETE
knife environment delete environment (options) Destroy an environment on the Chef Server. A prompt for confirmation will be displayed if the -y options is not given. EDIT
knife environment edit environment (options) Fetch environment and display it in the text editor for editing. The environment will be saved to the Chef Server when the editing session exits. FROM FILE
knife environment from file file (options) Create or update an environment from the JSON or Ruby format file. See format for the proper format of this file. LIST
knife environment list (options) * -w, --with-uri: Show the resource URI for each environment SHOW
knife environment show environment (options) DESCRIPTION
Environments provide a means to apply policies to hosts in your infrastructure based on business function. For example, you may have a sep- arate copy of your infrastructure called "dev" that runs the latest version of your application and should use the newest versions of your cookbooks when configuring systems, and a production instance of your infrastructure where you wish to update code and cookbooks in a more controlled fashion. In Chef, this function is implemented with environments. Environments contain two major components: a set of cookbook version constraints and environment attributes. SYNTAX
A cookbook version constraint is comprised of a cookbook name and a version constraint. The cookbook name is the name of a cookbook in your system, and the version constraint is a String describing the version(s) of that cookbook allowed in the environment. Only one version con- straint is supported for a given cookbook name. The exact syntax used to define a cookbook version constraint varies depending on whether you use the JSON format or the Ruby format. In the JSON format, the cookbook version constraints for an environment are represented as a single JSON object, like this: {"apache2": ">= 1.5.0"} In the Ruby format, the cookbook version contraints for an environment are represented as a Ruby Hash, like this: {"apache2" => ">= 1.5.0"} A version number is a String comprised of two or three digits separated by a dot (.) character, or in other words, strings of the form "major.minor" or "major.minor.patch". "1.2" and "1.2.3" are examples of valid version numbers. Version numbers containing more than three digits or alphabetic characters are not supported. A version constraint String is composed of an operator and a version number. The following operators are available: = VERSION Equality. Only the exact version specified may be used. > VERSION Greater than. Only versions greater than VERSION may be used. >= VERSION Greater than or equal to. Only versions equal to VERSION or greater may be used. < VERSION Less than. Only versions less than VERSION may be used. <= VERSION Less than or equal to. Only versions lesser or equal to VERSION may be used. ~> VERSION Pessimistic greater than. Depending on the number of components in the given VERSION, the constraint will be optimistic about future minor or patch revisions only. For example, ~> 1.1 will match any version less than 2.0 and greater than or equal to 1.1.0, whereas ~> 2.0.5 will match any version less than 2.1.0 and greater than or equal to 2.0.5. FORMAT
The JSON format of an envioronment is as follows: { "name": "dev", "description": "The development environment", "cookbook_versions": { "couchdb": "= 11.0.0" }, "json_class": "Chef::Environment", "chef_type": "environment", "default_attributes": { "apache2": { "listen_ports": [ "80", "443" ] } }, "override_attributes": { "aws_s3_bucket": "production" } } The Ruby format of an environment is as follows: name "dev" description "The development environment" cookbook_versions "couchdb" => "= 11.0.0" default_attributes "apache2" => { "listen_ports" => [ "80", "443" ] } override_attributes "aws_s3_bucket" => "production" SEE ALSO
knife-node(1) knife-cookbook(1) knife-role(1) http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Environments http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Ver- sion+Constraints AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Daniel DeLeo dan@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this document under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)