Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread Post 302894999 by ragavendraganes on Friday 28th of March 2014 08:11:19 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation.

Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of Kernel versions ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Timeout with multithread server

I wrote a server which creates a thread for every client connection. I have to include timeout function that will kill the server thread if the client doesn't respond for specific time. That too using signal(SIGALRM). For this i am using alarm() function. When the server thread detects signal it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

3. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multithread app - Read-Only Data

Hello, I'm coding an application using pthreads.At some point the threads will read some read-only variables.Is it safe NOT to use mutexes, in order to make the program lighter since mutex operations are resource-demanding... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

5. Programming

[C] Multithread Server

Hi all,i'm new on this forum, excuse me for my english. I have wrote a server that accept connection from multiple client with the fork,but every client had to insert data in a linear list. The problem is that every client insert data in an own copy of the linear list and this is caused by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemistry
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find an application running on multithread?

Dear Friends, We have one T5240 server with 128vcpus in our lab.Performance of the server is very poor. Application uses only 2% of processor..I heard that single thread application performs slowly in coolthread.How can we find whether the application running on multithread or single thread? If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script multithread in group of 3

I Have an script like ./bang 1 ./bang 2 ./bang 3 ./bang 4 ./bang 5 ./bang 6 ./bang 7 ./bang 8 ./bang 9 ./bang 10 ./bang 11 ./bang 12 and i wanna execute him in groups of 3 , i mean he execute bang 1 , bang 2 and bang 3 after it finish the next 3 commands it will be executed and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyeah11
5 Replies
TASKSET(1)							   User Commands							TASKSET(1)

NAME
taskset - set or retrieve a process's CPU affinity SYNOPSIS
taskset [options] mask command [argument...] taskset [options] -p [mask] pid DESCRIPTION
taskset is used to set or retrieve the CPU affinity of a running process given its pid, or to launch a new command with a given CPU affin- ity. CPU affinity is a scheduler property that "bonds" a process to a given set of CPUs on the system. The Linux scheduler will honor the given CPU affinity and the process will not run on any other CPUs. Note that the Linux scheduler also supports natural CPU affinity: the scheduler attempts to keep processes on the same CPU as long as practical for performance reasons. Therefore, forcing a specific CPU affinity is useful only in certain applications. The CPU affinity is represented as a bitmask, with the lowest order bit corresponding to the first logical CPU and the highest order bit corresponding to the last logical CPU. Not all CPUs may exist on a given system but a mask may specify more CPUs than are present. A retrieved mask will reflect only the bits that correspond to CPUs physically on the system. If an invalid mask is given (i.e., one that corresponds to no valid CPUs on the current system) an error is returned. The masks may be specified in hexadecimal (with or without a leading "0x"), or as a CPU list with the --cpu-list option. For example, 0x00000001 is processor #0, 0x00000003 is processors #0 and #1, 0xFFFFFFFF is processors #0 through #31, 32 is processors #1, #4, and #5, --cpu-list 0-2,6 is processors #0, #1, #2, and #6. When taskset returns, it is guaranteed that the given program has been scheduled to a legal CPU. OPTIONS
-a, --all-tasks Set or retrieve the CPU affinity of all the tasks (threads) for a given PID. -c, --cpu-list Interpret mask as numerical list of processors instead of a bitmask. Numbers are separated by commas and may include ranges. For example: 0,5,8-11. -p, --pid Operate on an existing PID and do not launch a new task. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. USAGE
The default behavior is to run a new command with a given affinity mask: taskset mask command [arguments] You can also retrieve the CPU affinity of an existing task: taskset -p pid Or set it: taskset -p mask pid PERMISSIONS
A user can change the CPU affinity of a process belonging to the same user. A user must possess CAP_SYS_NICE to change the CPU affinity of a process belonging to another user. A user can retrieve the affinity mask of any process. SEE ALSO
chrt(1), nice(1), renice(1), sched_getaffinity(2), sched_setaffinity(2) See sched(7) for a description of the Linux scheduling scheme. AUTHOR
Written by Robert M. Love. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Robert M. Love. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AVAILABILITY
The taskset command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2014 TASKSET(1)