Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread Post 302894999 by ragavendraganes on Friday 28th of March 2014 08:11:19 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation.

Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of Kernel versions ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Timeout with multithread server

I wrote a server which creates a thread for every client connection. I have to include timeout function that will kill the server thread if the client doesn't respond for specific time. That too using signal(SIGALRM). For this i am using alarm() function. When the server thread detects signal it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

3. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multithread app - Read-Only Data

Hello, I'm coding an application using pthreads.At some point the threads will read some read-only variables.Is it safe NOT to use mutexes, in order to make the program lighter since mutex operations are resource-demanding... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

5. Programming

[C] Multithread Server

Hi all,i'm new on this forum, excuse me for my english. I have wrote a server that accept connection from multiple client with the fork,but every client had to insert data in a linear list. The problem is that every client insert data in an own copy of the linear list and this is caused by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemistry
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find an application running on multithread?

Dear Friends, We have one T5240 server with 128vcpus in our lab.Performance of the server is very poor. Application uses only 2% of processor..I heard that single thread application performs slowly in coolthread.How can we find whether the application running on multithread or single thread? If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script multithread in group of 3

I Have an script like ./bang 1 ./bang 2 ./bang 3 ./bang 4 ./bang 5 ./bang 6 ./bang 7 ./bang 8 ./bang 9 ./bang 10 ./bang 11 ./bang 12 and i wanna execute him in groups of 3 , i mean he execute bang 1 , bang 2 and bang 3 after it finish the next 3 commands it will be executed and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyeah11
5 Replies
CHCPU(8)							   User Manuals 							  CHCPU(8)

NAME
chcpu - configure CPUs SYNOPSIS
chcpu [-e] [-d] [-c] [-g] cpu-list chcpu [-p] mode chcpu -r chcpu [-h] [-V] DESCRIPTION
chcpu can modify the state of CPUs. It can enable or disable CPUs, scan for new CPUs, change the CPU dispatching mode of the underlying hypervisor, and request CPUs from the hypervisor (configure) or return CPUs to the hypervisor (deconfigure). Some options have a cpu-list argument. Use this argument to specify a comma-separated list of CPUs. The list can contain individual CPU addresses or ranges of addresses. For example, 0,5,7,9-11 makes the command applicable to the CPUs with the addresses 0, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. OPTIONS
-r, --rescan Trigger a rescan of CPUs. Use this option on systems that do not automatically detect newly attached CPUs. The Linux kernel then recognizes the new CPUs. -c, --configure cpu-list Configure all specified CPUs. Configuring a CPU means that the hypervisor takes a CPU from the CPU pool and assigns it to the vir- tual hardware on which your kernel runs. -e, --enable cpu-list Enable all specified CPUs. Enabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it online. A CPU must be configured, see -c, before it can be enabled. -p, --dispatch mode Set the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). This option has an effect only if your hardware architecture and hypervisor support CPU polarization. Available modes are: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. -d, --disable cpu-list Disable all specified CPUs. Disabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it offline. -g, --deconfigure cpu-list Deconfigure all specified CPUs. Deconfiguring a CPU means that the hypervisor removes the CPU from the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs and returns it to the CPU pool. A CPU must be offline, see -d, before it can be deconfigured. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. AUTHOR
Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 SEE ALSO
lscpu(1) AVAILABILITY
The chcpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. Linux June 2012 CHCPU(8)