Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread Post 302894999 by ragavendraganes on Friday 28th of March 2014 08:11:19 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation.

Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of Kernel versions ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Timeout with multithread server

I wrote a server which creates a thread for every client connection. I have to include timeout function that will kill the server thread if the client doesn't respond for specific time. That too using signal(SIGALRM). For this i am using alarm() function. When the server thread detects signal it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

3. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multithread app - Read-Only Data

Hello, I'm coding an application using pthreads.At some point the threads will read some read-only variables.Is it safe NOT to use mutexes, in order to make the program lighter since mutex operations are resource-demanding... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

5. Programming

[C] Multithread Server

Hi all,i'm new on this forum, excuse me for my english. I have wrote a server that accept connection from multiple client with the fork,but every client had to insert data in a linear list. The problem is that every client insert data in an own copy of the linear list and this is caused by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemistry
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find an application running on multithread?

Dear Friends, We have one T5240 server with 128vcpus in our lab.Performance of the server is very poor. Application uses only 2% of processor..I heard that single thread application performs slowly in coolthread.How can we find whether the application running on multithread or single thread? If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script multithread in group of 3

I Have an script like ./bang 1 ./bang 2 ./bang 3 ./bang 4 ./bang 5 ./bang 6 ./bang 7 ./bang 8 ./bang 9 ./bang 10 ./bang 11 ./bang 12 and i wanna execute him in groups of 3 , i mean he execute bang 1 , bang 2 and bang 3 after it finish the next 3 commands it will be executed and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyeah11
5 Replies
unix_master(9r) 														   unix_master(9r)

NAME
unix_master - General: Forces execution onto the master CPU SYNOPSIS
void unix_master( void ); ARGUMENTS
None DESCRIPTION
The unix_master routine forces execution of the kernel thread onto the master CPU (also called the boot CPU). In other words, unix_master binds the kernel thread to the master CPU. To release the kernel thread from the bind to the master CPU, call the unix_release routine. You can make recursive calls to unix_master as long as you make an equal number of calls to unix_release. The unix_master routine provides another way besides the simple and complex lock routines to make a kernel module symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) safe. Although calling unix_master is not optimal for performance on an SMP CPU, it does provide third-party kernel module writers with an easy way to make their modules SMP safe without using the lock routines. NOTES
Device drivers should not directly call the unix_master and unix_release routines. One exception to this recommendation is when you want a device driver's kernel threads to run only on the master CPU. This situation occurs when your driver creates and starts its own kernel threads and you set the d_funnel member of the associated dsent structure to the value DEV_FUNNEL. In this case, each kernel thread must call unix_master once to ensure that the kernel thread runs only on the master CPU. Remember to make a corresponding call to unix_release. CAUTIONS
To avoid deadlock, do not call the unix_master routine under the following circumstances: When holding a simple lock In the driver's inter- rupt service routine RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
routines: unix_release(9r) unix_master(9r)