Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add file extensions to files EXCEPT the script that is issuing Post 302894933 by wisecracker on Friday 28th of March 2014 04:00:54 AM
Old 03-28-2014
Where does .ARD come from then?

If all your filenames end with .EPOCHSTAMP then this a much different animal.
I am assuming ".EPOCHSTAMP" is an on the fly 10 digit number which WILL change every second.

As the first two numbers of the epoch should be 13xxxxxxxx then try something like...
Code:
mv your_shell_script.sh.13* your_shell_script.sh

(Off to work.)

EDIT:-
Or more simply, (as you apparantly only have one script that is causing problems)...
Code:
mv your_shell_script.sh.* your_shell_script.sh

Last edited by wisecracker; 03-28-2014 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: See above...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Files by Extensions

I have a unix directory with 500 plus files . When I do a ls -lR I can see ALL the files here . How can I sort this by the files extensions ? I can't enter ls -lR *.ext1 *.ext2 *.ext3 etc in case I miss out some files . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbienix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with 3 different extensions

Hi all, From one directory I need to fetch only files of type *.xls,*.csv,*.txt. I tried the find . -name '*.txt,*.csv,*.xls' -print. But it throws me error. Please do help me on this. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Files according to their Extensions...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell Script wherein we have to sort files according to their extensions(for eg. 1.sh, 5.sh, 9.sh together; 4.csh, 120.csh, 6.csh together and 7.ksh, 2.ksh, 59.ksh together) and move them to their respective directories viz. sh, csh and ksh... I think,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files extensions

Hello ! i have a few files like ... setup.001 setup.002 setup.003 setup.004 // to setup.095 and i would like to rename those files to ... setup.r01 setup.r02 setup.r03 setup.r04 // to setup.r95 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Putazo
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script regex help: accept only 3 file extensions

This regex is supposed to accept files with extensions 270, 276, and "txt" only. Everything else should be discarded. This is what I have. I'll spare you the rest of the code. ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" #ext =".\$" for xfile in `ls $dir | grep "$ext" | xargs`; do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep01
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file, add extensions

Hi Guys, I have files named myfileaa,myfileab,myfileac,myfilesad.... till myfileav. Now i needs to rename all these files to myfileaa.txt ,myfileab.txt,myfileac.txt. Please help me how to do the same. Thanks in advance..!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping through files with different extensions

Hi all, I am trying to make a for loop invoking files with different extensions (*.ugrd and *.vgrd) and I cant just make it work. Cant figure out how to load the files so as to use them in subsequent commands like the ones in this pseudo code. the files are arranged such that in one date for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding file extensions to split output files

Hello, I've searched this forum and others for a solution to my problem but nothing seems just right, I'm hoping I can get some help (seems like this should be easy, and I apologize if I've missed something on the forum): I have several large .fastq DNA sequence files (~20million reads,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions

Hi All, I am scripting a program to find and archive files. There are certain file types that I do not want to archive. Below is the scenario. I have created a lookup file which has details on folders days and file extensions that needs to be ignored I have separated the individual into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv all files with different extensions to a new name

Hello all! I want to move several files foo.aux foo.log foo.pdf foo.tex to bar_foo.aux bar_foo.pdf bar_foo.tex I am on tcsh % mv foo.* bar_!#:1 is not working. Thank you for your help marek (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: marek
11 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)