Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of prtdiag to give information of sectors,cylinders,track of each disk Post 302894932 by omkar.jadhav on Friday 28th of March 2014 03:40:01 AM
Old 03-28-2014
thanks a lot Corona688.. i have modified the script a bit and got the end result...Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCSI disk spare sectors

Is there a way to determine the number of available spare sectors on a disk ? as it may be useful for notifying a user to take a backup of the disk before it runs into a medium error. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rednex
6 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I find out how many data cylinders a disk has?

I recently installed two new hard drives onto an OpenSolaris v5.11 machine. I need to format the two disks. I tried the format command. It asks me for the number of data cylinders and alternate cylinders.... <see below> admin@minime-28:/dev/rdsk# format Searching for disks...done ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
9 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Smartmontools and fixing Unreadable Disk Sectors

I found a document: Bad block HOWTO for smartmontools My hard drive is Maxtor: root]# fdisk -lu /dev/hda Disk /dev/hda: 81.9 GB, 81964302336 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9964 cylinders, total 160086528 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Disk identifier: 0x3f4e3f4d ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinian
0 Replies

4. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

5. Solaris

SPARC, data sectors/track

when I try to enter the value 424 for "data sectors/track" in format menu, it returns this error: `424' is out of range. is that hard drive parameter important? what to enter? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

7. Linux

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0 Replies

9. Solaris

EFI disk labeling / understand the parition table / sectors not continue

Hi all, I have a EFI disk and it is use in zfs pool. partition> p Volume: rpool Current partition table (original): Total disk sectors available: 1172107117 + 16384 (reserved sectors) Part Tag Flag First Sector Size Last Sector 0 usr wm ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
8 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -rsrc resourceName ?fileName? source -rsrcid resourceId ?fileName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is '32' (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This | restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If | you require a ``^Z'' in code for string comparison, you can use ``32'' or ``u001a'', which will be safely substituted by the Tcl inter- | preter into ``^Z''. The -rsrc and -rsrcid forms of this command are only available on Macintosh computers. These versions of the command allow you to source a script from a TEXT resource. You may specify what TEXT resource to source by either name or id. By default Tcl searches all open resource files, which include the current application and any loaded C extensions. Alternatively, you may specify the fileName where the TEXT resource can be found. SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)