Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tnsnames.ora
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tnsnames.ora Post 302894888 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 27th of March 2014 07:35:58 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Here is an awk solution:

Code:
awk '
/\(DESCRIPTION/{
   if(index(prev,".world")) sub(/^[^.]+/,"&,&",prev)
   if(!index(prev,".")) sub(/^[^ ]+/,"&,&.world",prev)
}
NR>1 {print prev}
{prev=$0}
END {print prev}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture the service name from tnsnames.ora and create connect string

ghkjkjoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetankelvin
4 Replies

2. Solaris

init.ora

what is the function of the init.ora file and suppose by mistake it gets deleted , what will be the consequences on the server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find tnsnames.ora in unix

Can we find out what is the location of tnsnames.ora file used by the hp unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudipshib
3 Replies

4. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: parsing tnsnames.ora

All: Can sombodoy help me out with a sed command? Assume I have the following: PRI = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.0.3.7)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = pri) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing section from tnsnames.ora

Hi, I am trying to write a script or command to remove a section from tnsnames.ora file in the following example I would like to remove tns_alias2 section $ cat tnsnames.ora tns_alias1 = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host1 )(PORT = 1521)) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tnanames.ora parser

Dears How can I use shell to parser this file? PRI = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.0.3.7)(PORT = 1521)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.0.3.17)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric0826
6 Replies

9. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
FBB::mlm(3bobcat)                                             OFoldStream manipulator                                            FBB::mlm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::mlm - Manipulator modifying left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The mlm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to modify the stream's left margin by a requested amount. The request cannot result in a negative left margin value. If a negative left margin would be the arithmetic result of the request then left margin 0 will silently be used. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be added to the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still empty once an mlm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below) A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o mlm(int addValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << mlm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << mlm(-10) << flush << "left margin -6 changed to 0, active on this line "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/mlm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), lm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)