Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Honey, I broke awk! (duplicate line removal in 30M line 3.7GB csv file) Post 302894855 by Michael Stora on Thursday 27th of March 2014 04:21:57 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
Did you try my perl code? I have fairly high hopes it could do the job.
I'd love to but I don't know any perl. How do I handle the file I/O in perl?

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of Duplicate Entries from the file

I have a file which consists of 1000 entries. Out of 1000 entries i have 500 Duplicate Entires. I want to remove the first Duplicate Entry (i,e entire Line) in the File. The example of the File is shown below: 8244100010143276|MARISOL CARO||MORALES|HSD768|CARR 430 KM 1.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk not working due to missing new line character at last line of file

Hi, My awk program is failing. I figured out using command od -c filename that the last line of the file doesnt end with a new line character. Mine is an automated process because of this data is missing. How do i handle this? I want to append new line character at the end of last... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to remove duplicate rows in line

i have the long file more than one ns and www and mx in the line like . i need the first ns record and first www and first mx from line . the records are seperated with tthe ; i am try ing in awk scripting not getiing the solution. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranmosarla
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating a line in a large csv file, with sed/awk?

I have an extremely large csv file that I need to search the second field, and upon matches update the last field... I can pull the line with awk.. but apparently you cant use awk to directly update the file? So im curious if I can use sed to do this... The good news is the field I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file line by line

Folks , i want to read a csv file line by line till the end of file and filter the text in the line and append everything into a variable. csv file format is :- trousers:shirts,price,50 jeans:tshirts,rate,60 pants:blazer,costprice,40 etc i want to read the first line and get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenate every line of a file in a single line

I have several hundreds of tiny files which need to be concatenated into one single line and all those in a single file. Some files have several blank lines. Tried to use this script but failed on it. awk 'END { print r } r && !/^/ { print FILENAME, r; r = "" }{ r = r ? r $0 : $0 }' *.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate line removal matching some columns only

I'm looking to remove duplicate rows from a CSV file with a twist. The first row is a header. There are 31 columns. I want to remove duplicates when the first 29 rows are identical ignoring row 30 and 31 BUT the duplicate that is kept should have the shortest total character length in rows 30... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to remove duplicate line if field is empty

Hi all, I've got a file that has 12 fields. I've merged 2 files and there will be some duplicates in the following: FILE: 1. ABC, 12345, TEST1, BILLING, GV, 20/10/2012, C, 8, 100, AA, TT, 100 2. ABC, 12345, TEST1, BILLING, GV, 20/10/2012, C, 8, 100, AA, TT, (EMPTY) 3. CDC, 54321, TEST3,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tugar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)