Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tcsh Shell trouble
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcsh Shell trouble Post 302894853 by ajayram_arya on Thursday 27th of March 2014 04:20:37 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Code Tcsh Shell trouble

Need assistance in getting a solution for a TCSH shell environment variable .
I read on internet that leading zeros as octal numbers and redhat doesnt supports octals but Solaris works on TCSH shell. Is there any way we can fix this . All my script has 08 or 09

Code:
$ @ x = 5 + 08
@: Badly formed number.

Code:
$ @ x = 5 + 8
$

Tcsh version on redhat
Code:
$ /bin/tcsh --version
tcsh 6.17.00 (Astron) 2009-07-10 (x86_64-unknown-linux) options wide,nls,dl,al,kan,sm,rh,color,filec

On Solaris box the tcsh version doesnt through this error
Code:
$ tcsh --version
tcsh 6.12.00 (Astron) 2002-07-23 (sparc-sun-solaris) options 8b,nls,dl,al,kan,rh,color,dspm,filec

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble writing a basic shell program

Hello. I'm trying to write a shell script that will take files that have .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.Z, .gz, .Z and .zip file extensions and uncompress and unarchive them. The script should be able to take multiple arguments. So far I can write a script using the case command that will do this but it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rename all files that have a certain text in the filename using tcsh shell

Hello~ I'm on AIX version 5 and I believe I have the tcsh shell environment to play in. Can you guys help me with a solution to rename all files that have "eclp" in the filename to "ecl" ? I basically want to rename the files and strip the "p" out. i.e. original filenames: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: in2vtec
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About tcsh shell

Hello, Why tcsh shell is not recommended ? then which one is better ? Also can you please let me know how to change own shell and config file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to find tcsh shell version info in HP-UX?

Hi, I need to find tcsh shell version info on several boxes. I made a script and running on boxes through SSH. This is what i am doing : echo /bin/tcsh -c 'echo $version' | ssh "box name" but i dont see anything. if i run /bin/tcsh -c 'echo $version' on ocal machine i see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell (tcsh) prompt gets reset on every cd

Hi, I type in my shell: set prompt="(%M) %c%b%# " to get something like: a/b/c> this works, but only partially. every time I move to to a different directory (i.e. 'cd <some dir>'), the prompt is reset. Meaning, when I 'echo $prompt' after setting the prompt I get the correct prompt,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvalbn
8 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Trouble with Advanced Shell Programming

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am working on a hands on project. We are creating a script for a corporate phone list. The project I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SarahBelle7858
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Basic Query]bsh script in tcsh shell

I am a beginner (Just 2 days old:o ), i will really appreciate if you can solve my silly queries as below: Lets say i write a script like this #!/bin/bsh clear #to read name from keyboard echo "your name please.." read fname echo "you just entered $fname" exit 0 My environment is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh env setting using shell script

Hi All, I have made a file file usercreate.sh & it has to run in tcsh env & needs some path to be set. my script is as below. ########################## #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "/usr/lib/java/class" setenv LD_LIBRARAY_PATH ########################### but when i am ruuning my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying a tcsh shell using winbind

The campus system that I use has switched to using winbind. In the old days, I was able to specify tcsh as my shell with the usual entry in /etc/passwd. But I'm told winbind doesn't have user specific entries, and now my ssh login defaults to a bash shell. Can anybody advise how I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble understanding shell scripting (mostly wsname)

Am still learning Scripting and I come across a build command that I don't really understand if /local/bin/wsname 2>/dev/null; then base="`/local/bin/wsname`" export base fi if ; then /local/bin/wsname exit 1 fi WSNAME="$base"/ can some one in light me to what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)