Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .bash_profile question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .bash_profile question Post 302894831 by galileo1 on Thursday 27th of March 2014 01:43:57 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Thanks for the lead on this LPenguin!

I used your above 'export' statement and tweaked it a little and finally got exactly what I wanted. Here's the revised statement:
Code:
export PS1="\h:$ORACLE_SID:$HOME>"

This changed my prompt to:
Code:
banbatchtest1v:MCPPRD:/home/rcarvall>

This mimics what I had in AIX so this works. Thanks again!

Rob

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbers on permanently through .bash_profile

Hi Can anyone tell me if it is at all possible to edit ones .bash_profile, to make the setting on of line numbers (in vi/vim), permanent? I've been to a few IRC channels and people keep telling me it is more of a vi/vim thing and to use something called ".vimrc", however I heard that it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.bash_profile problem

Hi Guys, I modified my .bash_profile script , and tried to change the prompt. Following is the line of code in my .bash_profile script. export PS1=" \W " But I get the output as: \W This appears to be my prompt now. Any idea what should be done.. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question in .bash_profile

We are more users using the oracle account, and people want to include theyr own files in .bash_profile. Like this: while ; do echo -n "LOGNAME is '$LOGNAME' (no sens), who are you? " >/dev/stderr read ln export LOGNAME=$ln done This works well when logging in to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hannem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash_profile does not working

Hi all. when i connect as user megaguru i have a problem my .bash_profile does not working^:( if i do: . ./.bash_profile all enviroment variables are in place. How can i force linux to use .bash_profile before logon process? thanx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smallman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in .bash_profile Linux

Hello Friends, I was trying to give a text/welcome message to a specific user just after his login. For that i had added a echo test message line in .bash_profile of that user. Which is not working .... Also i had to execute a script on his login for that i had tried to enter the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

6. Solaris

allias in .bash_profile not working

I am using solaris 10 x86. I have created a .bash_profile under root's home directory(/). The contents of the file are: Solaris10u8/# cat .bash_profile export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sfw/bin export PS1='\h\w\$ ' export PAGER="less -imsq" alias ll='ls -l' alias la='ls -a' The problem is that: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash_profile or .profile

Hi, happy new year. on AIX 6.1 , for user oracle , there are two files : bash_profile and .profile I do not know which one is executed when login ? How to know , More over in both of them we have : in .profile : ORACLE_HOME=/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Variable in .bash_profile

Hi, I wanted to do the following, but the command does not seem to work. Any ideas or suggestions please help. #1. If the particular ENV variable IMPACT_HOME is not there in a file grep -q IMPACT_HOME infile || sed -i 'i IMPACT_HOME=/my/new/path' infile #2. If the ENV variable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

.bash_profile file corrupted

Hi, Unexpectedly i entered wrong entries in .bash_profile for my user which has administrative permissions. So, i am getting errors for every command. I dont have backup file also, so any body can help me how to recover it. Regards, Mastan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash_profile versus bashrc

Hi All Please can you tell , what is the difference between bash_profile and bashrc. How to create them? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)