Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user Post 302894827 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 27th of March 2014 01:15:06 PM
Old 03-27-2014
How about just observing the /var/log/messages file.
Depending on you *nix flavour this may be a different file. This file has entries like

Code:
Mar 27 17:04:30 <hostname> sshd[17857]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user user1
Mar 27 17:04:48 <hostname> sshd[20711]: Connection closed by <ip_address>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date/Time in history command

Hi, Can we display the Date/time stamp in history command Ex: $history output ----------- vi pr.sh ksh -x pr.sh ksh -n pr.sh nhoup ksh pr.sh & nohup ksh pr.sh & i want the output like this Tue Mar 14 17:18:57 GMT 2006 vi pr.sh HOSTNAME is it possible sir ???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last login date and time for all users

I need a command that will list all the users and their last login date & time. I was trying the last command and the who command, but can't get exactly what I need. I just need the output to be user name and last login date . Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to enforce users not to modify their command history.

As a system administrator. sometimes we see the users are trying some commands dangerous for the system health and remove them from their individual coomand history file. How it is possible to enforce that the normal usres will will not be able to modify the history. Thanks in advance. Partha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_bhunia
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date, time, users

i need to find out following ways to show out put in a shell script when the user selects that option in a case statement. I have the case statement already started just need to find out how to read the following: current date and time (should it be read date)? users logged in (should it be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracking users through history command

Hi folks, I have the basic query that there are 3 unix boxes having their individual access now in my team there are 4 members who are using the same credentials to access those 3 boxes through putty ssh from their windows desktop , now if i want to check which 4 members have executed the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

History of all the users in single file with command , date . time , ip and user

HTML Code: archive_history() { HISTORYOLD=${HISTFILE}.archive CURTIME=`date` CURTTY=`tty` IP=$(echo $SSH_CLIENT | awk '{print $1}') if ; then echo "#-${HOSTNAME}-- ${CURBASHDATE} - ${CURTIME} ($CURTTY) ${USER} ${IP}----" >> $HISTORYOLD history... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

History of command by date

hi unix expert how can i see the history of command that i entered in past? history (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
pam_deny(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					       pam_deny(5)

NAME
pam_deny - PAM authentication, account, session and password management PAM module to deny operations SYNOPSIS
pam_deny.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_deny module implements all the PAM service module functions and returns the module type default failure return code for all calls. The following options are interpreted: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at the LOG_AUTH|LOG_DEBUG levels ERRORS
The following error codes are returned: PAM_ACCT_EXPIRED If pam_sm_acct_mgmt is called. PAM_AUTH_ERR If pam_sm_authenticate is called. PAM_AUTHOK_ERR If pam_sm_chauthtok is called. PAM_CRED_ERR If pam_sm_setcred is called. PAM_SESSION_ERR If pam_sm_open_session or pam_sm_close_session is called. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disallowing ssh none authentication sshd-none auth requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none account requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none session requisite pam_deny.so.1 sshd-none password requisite pam_deny.so.1 Example 2 Disallowing any service not explicitly defined other auth requisite pam_deny.so.1 other account requisite pam_deny.so.1 other session requisite pam_deny.so.1 other password requisite pam_deny.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
su(1M), libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), syslog(3C), pam.conf(4), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_session(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. The pam_deny module is intended to deny access to a specified service. The other service name may be used to deny access to services not explicitly specified. SunOS 5.11 16 Jun 2005 pam_deny(5)