Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to set end limit while copying files of a range?? Post 302894825 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 27th of March 2014 01:04:07 PM
Old 03-27-2014
Ok, lemme see if I understand you correct.

Code:
from_date=$1
to_date=`date +%H`

for i in `seq -w ${from_date} $t` ;do
  echo $i;
  ## Put your copy logic here.
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to set Root password age limit in Solaris 9/10

Hi Friends, Can anyone tell me how can I set the password age limit for root user to 14 days....??? Also would like to add following for root password; min-alpha --- 4 min-other --- 1 min-length -- 6 min-diff ----- 3 How can I do these on command line....??? Regards, jumadhiya (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to set a time limit for a script

Hello Folks, I have been asked to write a test script which can be run by students. the script should have a time limit. I have almost completed it except the bit of timing! I've seen something like this: on_timeout() { echo "$USER $score " >> theresult.txt echo "Time out!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SultanKSA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh shell script 'set' argument limit?

Hi , I have a script that is causing a problem that led me to think if there is a limit to the number of arguments for 'set' command in csh shell script. Here is my script: #!/bin/csh -f set top = design_top #1 set v_mbist = ( sim_mbist/*.v ) #2 set v_simlist = ( -v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: return_user
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying to the end of the line

Hi, I have a file as such 1 <text1><text2></ 2 <text3><text4></ 3 <text5><text6></ 4 <text7><text8></ I need is so the first bit of text in the line is at the end as its xml so 1 <text1><text2></text1> 2 <text3><text4></text3> 3 <text5><text6></text5> 4 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a line to the end of a set of files without using sed command?

I understand that the SED command reads all the lines in the file before adding a required line to the end of the file. Is there another command that adds a line to the end of files without reading the entire file.... SED is increasing the processing time as the number of lines in each of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanch
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set character limit on READ?

Hello, I created the following (snippet from larger code): echo -n "A1: " read A1 VERIFY=$(echo -n $A1|wc -c) if ; then echo -e "TOO MANY CHARACTERS" fi echo -n "A2: " read A2 echo -n "A3: " read A3 echo -e "Concat: $B1/$B2/$B3" Basically what it does is it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync copying within recent date range?

As many will point out, one of the benefits of using rsync (without --delete) is that it will sync files between source and destination, but not delete files in the destination which HAVE been deleted in the source. Well, I have kind of the opposite problem and I'm wondering if there are date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIOP33
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum range of data set together

Input File: 2000 3 1998 2 1997 2 1994 1 1991 1 1989 1 1987 2 1986 2 1985 1 1984 1 . . 10 277256 9 278274 8 282507 7 284837 6 287066 5 292967 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Set hard block limit for user using quota

hi all, i have installed quota on my centos 7 machine and its what im after (setting size limit on users, so they cant fill the hard drive) i want to now make this part of my create user script for my sftp server so i want to do a echo and a read command so i capture the limit they enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cannot subset ranges from another range set

Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 2159343 2228327 Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 636587 638608 Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 5286 50509 Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 634021 636276 Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 1886545 1900975 Ca21chr2_C_albicans_SC5314 610758 613544... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cryptodice
9 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)