Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPS webserver speed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VPS webserver speed Post 302894779 by Neo on Thursday 27th of March 2014 09:23:37 AM
Old 03-27-2014
Also, I notice that your PHP configuration as ionCube.. if you have an ionCube application it will be slower because of the decryption of the PHP files required. I have a "personal policy" to never run any encrypted PHP software that uses a technology such as ionCube.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting started with VPS management through UNIX

Hi everybody, I have a VPS account and I have hit my limit for domains to manage through Plesk. I now need to begin administering new domains through UNIX. I've never used UNIX before but do have some experience with command line environments. I was able to connect today (I think). So the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snarky
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync Backups on HostGator VPS

I'm wanting to do remote backups of the entire /home/* directory structure, which is where HG puts all www files and sets the user and group independently of any other user ( so /home/user1 will be using group user1, instead of a generic apache group) The problem I'm running into is that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

6. Web Development

When VPS IP is changed which web files to edit?

Hello, please when an VPS IP is changed which files on VPS i need to edit? I mean basic apache, named files, which needs to be edited? so far i listen its /var/named and domain zone file which contains old ip.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies

7. Proxy Server

ISP VPS, routing traffic

Hi guys I need to setup server/router in my firm. We got from our ISP dedicated server in their data center. It has a static IP and it servers as replacement for out DSL connection. I configured our internal server to be border gateway and to connects to data center. "Remote" admin installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy

i have looked for a week and tried a few things, but nothing seems to work so joined here. I have a go daddy account and also a vps in germany. In my vps, i run a code script (we will call it codegen) when i run ./codegen i get my question of how many codes do i want to make. With my answer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uksatman
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

I have this in /etc/network/interfaces: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Douro
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

Code: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask 255.255.255.255 I want the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oshihari
1 Replies
SET_MAGIC_QUOTES_RUNTIME(3)						 1					       SET_MAGIC_QUOTES_RUNTIME(3)

set_magic_quotes_runtime - Sets the current active configuration setting of magic_quotes_runtime

SYNOPSIS
bool set_magic_quotes_runtime (bool $new_setting) DESCRIPTION
Set the current active configuration setting of magic_quotes_runtime. Warning This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0 and REMOVED as of PHP 7.0.0. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Since PHP 5.3 this function has been deprecated and will raise an E_DEPRECATED warning upon execution. Since PHP 5.4 this function will also raise an E_CORE_ERROR on trying to enable magic quotes. PARAMETERS
o $new_setting - FALSE for off, TRUE for on. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 set_magic_quotes_runtime(3) example <?php // Create a temporary file pointer $fp = tmpfile(); // Write some data to the pointer fwrite($fp, ''PHP' is a Recursive acronym'); // Without magic_quotes_runtime rewind($fp); set_magic_quotes_runtime(false); echo 'Without magic_quotes_runtime: ' . fread($fp, 64), PHP_EOL; // With magic_quotes_runtime rewind($fp); set_magic_quotes_runtime(true); echo 'With magic_quotes_runtime: ' . fread($fp, 64), PHP_EOL; // Clean up fclose($fp); ?> The above example will output: Without magic_quotes_runtime: 'PHP' is a Recursive acronym With magic_quotes_runtime: 'PHP' is a Recursive acronym SEE ALSO
get_magic_quotes_gpc(3), get_magic_quotes_runtime(3). PHP Documentation Group SET_MAGIC_QUOTES_RUNTIME(3)