Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPS webserver speed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VPS webserver speed Post 302894776 by johnchristy on Thursday 27th of March 2014 08:58:45 AM
Old 03-27-2014
VPS webserver speed

Hello

I recently bought this Centos 5.10 VPS.

They already gave me pre-configured everything :

Quote:
======
php -v
PHP 5.3.22 (cli) (built: Apr 2 2013 15:04:13)
Copyright (c) 1997-2013 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.4.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2013, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies
======
But I still feel like my blogs/shopping cart sites loading very slow.

I would like to clarify few things

1) I'm using Apache, should I upgrade my web server? ( I do not wish to go for high end expensive webservers)

2) Should I upgrade my PHP version?

3) Should I install any cache plugins? xcache/APC?

It would be great if someone guide guide me what are the modules/plugins/upgrades can improve my webserver speed.

Thank you in advance
John

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting started with VPS management through UNIX

Hi everybody, I have a VPS account and I have hit my limit for domains to manage through Plesk. I now need to begin administering new domains through UNIX. I've never used UNIX before but do have some experience with command line environments. I was able to connect today (I think). So the next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snarky
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync Backups on HostGator VPS

I'm wanting to do remote backups of the entire /home/* directory structure, which is where HG puts all www files and sets the user and group independently of any other user ( so /home/user1 will be using group user1, instead of a generic apache group) The problem I'm running into is that only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

6. Web Development

When VPS IP is changed which web files to edit?

Hello, please when an VPS IP is changed which files on VPS i need to edit? I mean basic apache, named files, which needs to be edited? so far i listen its /var/named and domain zone file which contains old ip.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies

7. Proxy Server

ISP VPS, routing traffic

Hi guys I need to setup server/router in my firm. We got from our ISP dedicated server in their data center. It has a static IP and it servers as replacement for out DSL connection. I configured our internal server to be border gateway and to connects to data center. "Remote" admin installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy

i have looked for a week and tried a few things, but nothing seems to work so joined here. I have a go daddy account and also a vps in germany. In my vps, i run a code script (we will call it codegen) when i run ./codegen i get my question of how many codes do i want to make. With my answer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uksatman
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

I have this in /etc/network/interfaces: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Douro
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

1 VPS with 2 IP addresses. How to make them independent?

Code: auto ens3 iface ens3 inet static address 46.xx.xxx.1x7 netmask 255.255.252.0 broadcast 46.38.xxx.255 gateway 46.xx.xxx.1 auto ens3:0 iface ens3:0 inet static address 188.xx.xx.xx5 netmask 255.255.255.255 I want the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oshihari
1 Replies
TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)							 1							  TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)

token_get_all - Split given source into PHP tokens

SYNOPSIS
array token_get_all (string $source) DESCRIPTION
token_get_all(3) parses the given $source string into PHP language tokens using the Zend engine's lexical scanner. For a list of parser tokens, see "List of Parser Tokens", or use token_name(3) to translate a token value into its string representation. PARAMETERS
o $source - The PHP source to parse. RETURN VALUES
An array of token identifiers. Each individual token identifier is either a single character (i.e.: ;, ., >, !, etc...), or a three ele- ment array containing the token index in element 0, the string content of the original token in element 1 and the line number in element 2. EXAMPLES
Example #1 token_get_all(3) examples <?php $tokens = token_get_all('<?php echo; ?>'); /* => array( array(T_OPEN_TAG, '<?php'), array(T_ECHO, 'echo'), ';', array(T_CLOSE_TAG, '?>') ); */ /* Note in the following example that the string is parsed as T_INLINE_HTML rather than the otherwise expected T_COMMENT (T_ML_COMMENT in PHP <5). This is because no open/close tags were used in the "code" provided. This would be equivalent to putting a comment outside of <?php ?> tags in a normal file. */ $tokens = token_get_all('/* comment */'); // => array(array(T_INLINE_HTML, '/* comment */')); ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | Line numbers are returned in element 2 | | | | +--------+----------------------------------------+ PHP Documentation Group TOKEN_GET_ALL(3)