Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk program in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk program in perl Post 302894768 by SriniShoo on Thursday 27th of March 2014 07:50:39 AM
Old 03-27-2014
Code:
NUMBER=$(perl -alne 'if(/Max open files/) {print @F[2]}' limits.conf)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program question

why does below program not work? <> is producing nothing.. still waiting for input.. but i thought this would work? #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my @array2; my @array1 = ("David Veterinarian 56", "Jackie Ass 34", "Karen Veterinarian 28"); $_ = @array1; while (<>) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

embeding awk script in perl program

Collegues I have an AWK script like the following. { if ($2 ~ /JJ/ && $4 ~ /IN/) { print $2, $3, $4, $5 } } How can I embed it in a perl program. Jaganadh.G (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

I wish to write a Perl program that will provide a listing of files in a directory. The files must be listed in sorted order by the file name. • By default, the program displays only file names. • By default, the program lists the files in the current directory. • The program must provide the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

could i get any help with how to link this program together. i dont know what to put where the X's are print `flush`; thank(); #print thank header use Getopt::Std; # use declaration with the options function getopts("ld:") or usage() and exit; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. Programming

Perl program

Hi I am new to perl, i need to write a program to convert horizontal words to vertical eg: cat, dog, cow,.....(text file) this should be written as 1.cat 2.dog like this. can u pls help me to work out.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding a Perl Program

I want to traverse a durectory for a particular file. Situataion is like this. Path is ABC/a/c/g. it has around 100 folders in it. Search a directory which has word "*latest*" in its path. and then from the latest go through z/x/c to file final.html. In total, i want it to go through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemasid
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
PTARGREP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PTARGREP(1)

NAME
ptargrep - Apply pattern matching to the contents of files in a tar archive SYNOPSIS
ptargrep [options] <pattern> <tar file> ... Options: --basename|-b ignore directory paths from archive --ignore-case|-i do case-insensitive pattern matching --list-only|-l list matching filenames rather than extracting matches --verbose|-v write debugging message to STDERR --help|-? detailed help message DESCRIPTION
This utility allows you to apply pattern matching to the contents of files contained in a tar archive. You might use this to identify all files in an archive which contain lines matching the specified pattern and either print out the pathnames or extract the files. The pattern will be used as a Perl regular expression (as opposed to a simple grep regex). Multiple tar archive filenames can be specified - they will each be processed in turn. OPTIONS
--basename (alias -b) When matching files are extracted, ignore the directory path from the archive and write to the current directory using the basename of the file from the archive. Beware: if two matching files in the archive have the same basename, the second file extracted will overwrite the first. --ignore-case (alias -i) Make pattern matching case-insensitive. --list-only (alias -l) Print the pathname of each matching file from the archive to STDOUT. Without this option, the default behaviour is to extract each matching file. --verbose (alias -v) Log debugging info to STDERR. --help (alias -?) Display this documentation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PTARGREP(1)