Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RPM failed dependencies
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RPM failed dependencies Post 302894689 by asc123321 on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 06:12:44 PM
Old 03-26-2014
RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following:
Code:
#sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm 
error: Failed dependencies:
libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavcodec.so.52(LIBAVCODEC_52)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavcodec.so.53()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavcodec.so.53(LIBAVCODEC_53)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavformat.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavformat.so.52(LIBAVFORMAT_52)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavformat.so.53()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libavformat.so.53(LIBAVFORMAT_53)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.11)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.8)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libgio-2.0.so.0()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.11)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.9)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.4.30)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.6.0)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.6.6)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxslt.so.1(LIBXML2_1.0.11)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxslt.so.1(LIBXML2_1.0.22)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxslt.so.1(LIBXML2_1.0.24)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64
libxslt.so.1(LIBXML2_1.1.9)(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64

now if i include AuthReqProv:no in my spec file, i don't run into this issue when installing. the other workaround is that i just install with the --nodeps option.

not sure why this is happening or if it is an issue. how does a package build properly but not install properly? is it worse to set AuthReqProv:no during the rpm build or not to set it and install the rpm with --nodeps?

any ideas on how to resolve these dependencies?

thanks in advance

Last edited by Scott; 03-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

RPM and dependencies OPENSSH

Hello Sorry, I am not to well versed in RHE and I am having some issues. I have doen a cursury look around and could not find an answer. I have 2 RHE4 servers. Both have old versions of OPENSSH along with , server, askpass, askpass-gnome, etc. I cannot upgrade to our new pkg release of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

RPM dependencies fail

Hello, I am trying to install krb5-libs-1.4-4.pp-rh73.i386.rpm on my Red Hat 7.X server, however while installing/upgrading it fails due to dependencies. I checked for these dependencies and i already found them on the server. I wonder why it is giving these errors. I tried copying these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

5. SuSE

RPM implicit dependencies

Hi, I'm having issues with implicit dependencies for my RPM package. This is the error I'm getting: error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.11.1()(64bit) is needed by geomatica-10.4-0.x86_64 Our software has a dynamically loaded library which links to the Oracle's libclntsh.so.11.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pneveu
2 Replies

6. SuSE

How to get RPM Dependencies/libs

Hi All, I wanted to install an rpm package on two suse 10 systems. It installed successfully on one system but on the other it throws an error like error: Failed dependencies: rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by linuxProj-1-1.noarch Now this means that rpnm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirshah
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

8. Linux

Failed dependencies

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118, actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5, the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charli1
1 Replies

9. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

10. AIX

Cpio: copy failed - No space left on device when I use rpm

Hello, I want to install GCC gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm for AIX 6.1 when I lance my command rpm -i gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm I have this error unpacking of archive failed on file gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2: cpio: copy failed - No space left on device I checked the free space and I am surpise becouse I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatab355
7 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::Microsoft_SQL_Server(3)User Contributed Perl DocumentatioDBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::Microsoft_SQL_Server(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::Microsoft_SQL_Server - Support specific to Microsoft SQL Server over ODBC DESCRIPTION
This class implements support specific to Microsoft SQL Server over ODBC. It is loaded automatically by DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC when it detects a MSSQL back-end. Most of the functionality is provided from the superclass DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::MSSQL. USAGE NOTES
Basic Linux Setup (Debian) sudo aptitude install tdsodbc libdbd-odbc-perl unixodbc In case it is not already there put the following (adjust for non-64bit arch) in "/etc/odbcinst.ini": [FreeTDS] Description = FreeTDS Driver = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libtdsodbc.so Setup = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libtdsS.so UsageCount = 1 Set your $dsn in connect_info as follows: dbi:ODBC:server=<my.host.name>;port=1433;driver=FreeTDS;tds_version=8.0 If you use the EasySoft driver (<http://www.easysoft.com>): dbi:ODBC:server=<my.host.name>;port=1433;driver=Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Basic Windows Setup Use the following $dsn for the Microsoft ODBC driver: dbi:ODBC:driver={SQL Server};server=SERVERSQL_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME And for the Native Client: dbi:ODBC:driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0};server=SERVERSQL_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME Go into Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) to check driver names and to set up data sources. Use System DSNs, not User DSNs if you want to use DSNs. If you set up a DSN, use the following $dsn for connect_info: dbi:ODBC:dsn=MY_DSN MULTIPLE ACTIVE STATEMENTS
The following options are alternative ways to enable concurrent executing statement support. Each has its own advantages and drawbacks and works on different platforms. Read each section carefully. For more details about using MAS in MSSQL over DBD::ODBC see this excellent document provided by EasySoft: <http://www.easysoft.com/developer/languages/perl/multiple-active-statements.html>. In order of preference, they are: o mars o dynamic_cursors o server_cursors METHODS
connect_call_use_mars Use as: on_connect_call => 'use_mars' in your connection info, or alternatively specify it directly: Your::Schema->connect ( $original_dsn . '; MARS_Connection=Yes', $user, $pass, \%attrs, ) Use to enable a feature of SQL Server 2005 and later, "Multiple Active Result Sets". See "Does DBD::ODBC support Multiple Active Statements?" in DBD::ODBC::FAQ for more information. This does not work on FreeTDS drivers at the time of this writing, and only works with the Native Client, later versions of the Windows MS ODBC driver, and the Easysoft driver. connect_call_use_dynamic_cursors Use as: on_connect_call => 'use_dynamic_cursors' Which will add "odbc_cursortype => 2" to your DBI connection attributes, or alternatively specify the necessary flag directly: Your::Schema->connect (@dsn, { ... odbc_cursortype => 2 }) See "odbc_cursortype" in DBD::ODBC for more information. If you're using FreeTDS, "tds_version" must be set to at least 8.0. This will not work with CODE ref connect_info's. WARNING: on FreeTDS (and maybe some other drivers) this will break "SCOPE_IDENTITY()", and "SELECT @@IDENTITY" will be used instead, which on SQL Server 2005 and later will return erroneous results on tables which have an on insert trigger that inserts into another table with an "IDENTITY" column. WARNING: on FreeTDS, changes made in one statement (e.g. an insert) may not be visible from a following statement (e.g. a select.) WARNING: FreeTDS versions > 0.82 seem to have completely broken the ODBC protocol. DBIC will not allow dynamic cursor support with such versions to protect your data. Please hassle the authors of FreeTDS to act on the bugs that make their driver not overly usable with DBD::ODBC. connect_call_use_server_cursors Use as: on_connect_call => 'use_server_cursors' May allow multiple active select statements. See "odbc_SQL_ROWSET_SIZE" in DBD::ODBC for more information. Takes an optional parameter for the value to set the attribute to, default is 2. WARNING: this does not work on all versions of SQL Server, and may lock up your database! At the time of writing, this option only works on Microsoft's Windows drivers, later versions of the ODBC driver and the Native Client driver. AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::Microsoft_SQL_Server(3)