Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed Post 302894627 by punpun66 on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 12:25:32 PM
Old 03-26-2014
Wrench Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks,

Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory
for example let say I rite now at the following below location
Code:
$ cd /ter/rap/config

now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to first reach to the config directory that i will achieve , and then in all the xmls where the word TTT is there I have to replace it with CCC so please advise how can I achieve this with sed in unix. Thanks in advance.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing of word

Hi all, I wanted to replace one word with another word pl help me to solve the same. example:- I wanted to replace RXOTX with RXOTRX in a perticuler file with hole. Regards, Ramesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression for replacing the fist word with a last word in line

I have a File with the below contents File1 I have no prior experience in unix. I have just started to work in unix. My experience in unix is 0. My Total It exp is 3 yrs. I need to replace the first word in each line with the last word for example unix have no prior experience in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kri_swami
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word

Dear Friends, I am facing some problem with some hundred files. Hence to use these file I have to make a small change in each file. But its not possible to open each file and make changes manually. Hence I need guidance frm you to automate it. Example File name is "Queue_11.txt" reload sec=F... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacing on the right of a pattern and looking for exact word?

how would you get SED to do the following, say you have the following lines in a text file: user=tigger some text some text some text some text some text some text user=ted some text some text some text some text some text some text user=thekingofrockandroll you want to find any line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting error in sed command in replacing a word in all xmls

Hi Folks , I have to replace the following value in all the xml files so the value is tcp://pondevpms1.fm.rbsgrp.net:6033,pondevpms2.fm.rbsgrp.net:6033 and the value with it need to be replaces is shown below tcp://pondevpms1:3063 so i have fired the below command inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite - Reserved SQL words by SQLite SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQLite word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by SQLite. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either SQLite 2 or 3. is_reserved_by_sqlite2( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 2. is_reserved_by_sqlite3( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQLite 3. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQLite versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sqlite2 is_reserved_by_sqlite3 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.sqlite.org/docs.html> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::SQLite(3pm)