Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt in networklayer
Special Forums IP Networking Doubt in networklayer Post 302894617 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of March 2014 11:56:13 AM
Old 03-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker
great , now i am getting to it ..

but my understanding was , from transport to network layer , the only data that passing is TCPheader+data , and in this IP address is not available though.
The layers are inside each other, like a Matryoshka. The data link layer doesn't understand the Transport Layer data, but it's there nonetheless.

You might consider a packet to be a wad of data which looks like this:
Quote:
Data Link Layer(usually Ethernet)
Quote:
Network Layer
Quote:
Transport Layer
Quote:
Payload
It usually gets passed around whole. OSI might speak of peeling layers but that's a metaphor; if it's a signal going over a wire, it's going to be transmitted whole.

Last edited by Corona688; 03-26-2014 at 01:49 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt on name

HI, Iam jus tin a confusion that solaris and unix are the same.if they are diffrent,how they are?pls give me a brief idea abt these two. I will be very grateful to you thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in df -h

in my parition i hav parition like this Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 24G 22G 756M 97% / /dev/sda5 248G 1.2G 234G 1% /else /dev/sda1 965M 24M 892M 3% /boot tmpfs 7.0G 0 7.0G 0%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

doubt

I need help in opening the .exe files in linux. As i have downloaded ubuntu os from trail version. after executing the the file name in terminal it is stating that get archive files for opening the .exe files. But i am unable to get it please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthguru
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)