Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undelete, backup inodes
Operating Systems Solaris Undelete, backup inodes Post 302894507 by spacebar on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 06:59:11 PM
Old 03-25-2014
What exactly are you attempting or want to do?
What is your os?
what file system are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

undelete

Hi All, I just given $rm abc.pc, I don't have backup also. is there any way to recover? thanks in advance krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
3 Replies

2. Solaris

inodes

hi i need to find all the files that r linked to the current file as i need to delete the file as well as few of its links :confused: thnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Undelete files

Right, a mate of mine screwed up today and deleted the entire contents of a directory and he really needs to get the files back. He's using Red Hat Enterprise Edition 4. The files were deleted using rm *. He can't remember if the hard drive was formatted using ext2 or ext3. Anybody have any idea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bacchus
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inodes

how is the location of inodes in the physical disk. are they sequential like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|inode2| ....| datablock1|datablock2|datablock3 or are they distributed among data blocks like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|datablock1|inode2|datablock2|datablock3|inode3 |datablock4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undelete files in Unix

Hi Is there any way to restore files accidentally deleted in Unix (other than rm -i) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to undelete

Hi Is there a way by which I can recover the last deleted file file from a folder. OR I had a file in a path .(i didnt notice the size at that time ) I tried ftp that file to my windows but got file of zero size. I want to check whether the file was already empty when I tried ftping it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratim09
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNDELETE a file

Hi, In tcsh, I mistakenly deleted some files under a dir with rm * Is there any way by which I can recover those files (without restoring to an earlier backup point) ? I mean any command like undelete or anything similar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowline84
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Inodes please

How can i trace Inode structure and modify it in UNIX kernel? We want to change the inode structure in the sense that we want to add a new field to the inode data structure. So we want to know how and where to trace inode (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Group_Inode
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. SCO

Versioning through undelete

Hi , I am using SCO openserver realease 3.2 and tried to test versioning on a directory with undelete -s . The command executes well but it is not creating any versions of the files in it. I have also setted versioning options via filesystem and then remounted it but of ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies
pthread_mutexattr_gettype(3C)				   Standard C Library Functions 			     pthread_mutexattr_gettype(3C)

NAME
pthread_mutexattr_gettype, pthread_mutexattr_settype - get or set mutex type SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_gettype(pthread_mutexattr_t *restrict attr, int *restrict type); int pthread_mutexattr_settype(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int type); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_mutexattr_gettype() and pthread_mutexattr_settype() functions respectively get and set the mutex type attribute. This attribute is set in the type parameter to these functions. The default value of the type attribute is PTHREAD_MUTEX_DEFAULT. The type of mutex is contained in the type attribute of the mutex attributes. Valid mutex types include: PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL This type of mutex does not detect deadlock. A thread attempting to relock this mutex without first unlocking it will deadlock. Attempting to unlock a mutex locked by a different thread results in undefined behavior. Attempting to unlock an unlocked mutex results in undefined behavior. PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK This type of mutex provides error checking. A thread attempting to relock this mutex without first unlocking it will return with an error. A thread attempting to unlock a mutex that another thread has locked will return with an error. A thread attempting to unlock an unlocked mutex will return with an error. PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE A thread attempting to relock this mutex without first unlocking it will succeed in locking the mutex. The relocking deadlock that can occur with mutexes of type PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL cannot occur with this type of mutex. Multiple locks of this mutex require the same number of unlocks to release the mutex before another thread can acquire the mutex. A thread attempting to unlock a mutex that another thread has locked will return with an error. A thread attempting to unlock an unlocked mutex will return with an error. This type of mutex is only supported for mutexes whose process shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE. PTHREAD_MUTEX_DEFAULT Attempting to recursively lock a mutex of this type results in undefined behavior. Attempting to unlock a mutex of this type that was not locked by the calling thread results in undefined behavior. Attempting to unlock a mutex of this type that is not locked results in undefined behavior. An implementation is allowed to map this mutex to one of the other mutex types. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the pthread_mutexattr_settype() function returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, the pthread_mutexattr_gettype() function returns 0 and stores the value of the type attribute of attr in the object referenced by the type parameter. Otherwise an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_mutexattr_gettype() and pthread_mutexattr_settype() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value type is invalid. The pthread_mutexattr_gettype() and pthread_mutexattr_settype() functions may fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr is invalid. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_cond_timedwait(3C), pthread_cond_wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Application should not use a PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE mutex with condition variables because the implicit unlock performed for pthread_cond_wait() or pthread_cond_timedwait() will not actually release the mutex (if it had been locked multiple times). If this occurs, no other thread can satisfy the condition of the predicate. SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_mutexattr_gettype(3C)