Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy from/to file, if arg 'ok' Post 302894493 by klskl on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 05:25:28 PM
Old 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
What have you done so far?
Well, I have learned how to copy from one file to another, but I'd like to know how to add a field in the new file, depending on what the user enters. I understand I might jump into things alittle fast.. :/ so if you have tips on tutorials that be great

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert the 1st arg into the middle of the file

I wrote a script like #!/bin/bash echo $1 > temp cat $2 >> temp mv temp $2 now I have problem appending the above script(only using bash shell) so that it now inserts the first argument into the middle of the file. I have tried using $(('wc -l < file' / 2 )) but invain so could any one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris
4 Replies

2. AIX

file system space arg !!! and confused

Aix 5.2 on a P510 RS6000 My /usr filesystem is sized at 3.8 gb. Check me if I'm wrong here but this should be enough space for /usr? When I installed the o/s I just followed the defaults, didn't add any 3rd party apps, least that I know of. My problem is that it's running at 90% capacity. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

arg list too long

Hi, Help. I have a file that contains a list of users in a file. I want to cat the content of the file and feed it into sed to a preformated report. The error I got is "ksh: /usr/bin/sed: arg list too long" My method below. A=`cat FILE1.txt` B=`echo $A` sed "s#USERLIST#$B#" FILE2 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zenwork
2 Replies

4. Programming

warning: int format,pid_t arg (arg 2)

I try following code under Solaris10,like follows: int glob = 6; int main(void) { int var; pid_t pid; var = 88; printf("before vfork\n"); if ((pid = vfork()) < 0) { err_sys("vfork error"); } else if (pid == 0) { glob++; var++; _exit(0); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in a arg

Hi, When i am running a script it considers the below as mulitple arguments. There is any command which can ignore the spaces. I tried by using sed like below to ignore but it doesnt work. sed 's/ /\\ /g'100% Haddock Fillets Battered 500G-small.gif ~vino (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arg list too long

Hello All, I am trying to find a file name with .sh exention from a list of .dat files inside a directory. find /app/folder1/* -name '*.dat'| xargs grep '.sh' ksh: /usr/local/bin/find: arg list too long Please help me finding the command. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhan9
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line arg to sql file

Hi all, How to pass the command line argument to a sql file Script: #!/bin/ksh if ] ; then test.sql fi My Sql Informix DB: echo "select * from table where col1 = 2234 and col2 = '$3'"|dbaccess ddname But im getting `:' unexpected error (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)