Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to go about partition encryption on remote server? Post 302894488 by DGPickett on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 04:55:16 PM
Old 03-25-2014
I suppose you might have a monitoring app on another server that detects when the web server is trying to start or restart, and does an https call to set the password. However, as it is in continuous use, it can be read from the vm pages in memory or on swap. Just what sort of attack are you worried about: stolen physical media, hacker invasion with root, ???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting remote partition

Hello when I examined the partition information of one of our servers I saw the following: 10.20.5.2:/ha0/critical Fstab has a similar entry. Seems that the server is accessing a partition on a remote machine. What else is required to setup a partition that accesses a remote machine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Partition encryption without prompting passwords.

Hi Gurus, I have been working on encrypting a partition in a Fedora box and have successfully encrypted a partition(By name /test) using "cryptsetup & luks". The below command was put up in a runcontrol file which is called during bootup to automount them during bootup. cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
0 Replies

4. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
MONITOR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							MONITOR(8)

NAME
monitor - Directory Server script for monitoring database performance SYNOPSIS
monitor [ -Z serverID ] [ -D rootdn ] [ -w password ] [ -b basedn ] [-P protocol] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Retrieves performance monitoring information. To run this script, the server must be running. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -D Root DN The Directory Manager DN, or root DN. If not specified, the script will search the server instance configuration for the value. -w password The rootdn password. -b basedn The DN of a backend from cn=config. -P Protocol The connection protocol to connect to the Directory Server. Protocols are STARTTLS, LDAPS, LDAPI, and LDAP. If this option is skipped, the most secure protocol that is available is used. For LDAPI, AUTOBIND is also available for the root user. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
monitor -P STARTTLS Note: security must be enabled to use protocol STARTTLS. If STARTTLS is not available it will default to next strongest/available protocol automatically. monitor -Z instance2 -D 'cn=directory manager' -w password -b 'cn=monitor,cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config' Note: You only need to bind as the root DN if you want to look at a backend monitor. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
monitor was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 MONITOR(8)