Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mysql: How to update value in 27000 rows? Post 302894469 by postcd on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 03:02:17 PM
Old 03-25-2014
[Solved] Mysql: How to update value in 27000 rows?

Hello,

some member created 27000 posts in wrong section (lol Smilie) so i need to edit all his entries to get new section ID.

Code:
SELECT * FROM `phpbb_topics` WHERE `topic_first_poster_name` LIKE "%ozerway%";

this will select all his topics...

the column with forum id is named "forum_id" and wrong value is 4, correct value should be 5

please kindly how the command should look like to update all these mysql rows forum_id from 4 to 5?

Thank you

Last edited by Scott; 03-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: Use code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

2. Web Development

[MYSQL] problem with spaces in rows

Hello. I'm not sure how I can get around this, or what I am doing wrong, but I need some help. :) I want to do an select query looking like this: SELECT venue, SUM( amount ) FROM IWD WHERE venue = 'Foxy Hollow' Unfortunately I need to have spaces in the names in these fields, is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mulitple rows update by sed command

Hi All, I need to update 2 rows in my file. But i can do only one row update by sed command. Please help me how can i change mutltiple rows in single sed commana my i/p file: (example.txt) record integer (10) present_id; string (10) first_name; string (10) last_name; string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Online insert MySQL rows by perl-script

Hello, Met a problem when I tried to insert rows to MySQL database from an old book that fits my learning level (MySQL and Perl for the Web, by Paul DuBois, 2001). First, under mysql console I created a database: webdb and the table: todo. Then I draft the perl-cgi script to have online page.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

5. Programming

Getting Rows from a MySQL Table with max values?

I feel stupid for asking this because it seems that MYSQL code isn't working the way that I think it should work. Basically I wrote code like this: select * from `Test_DC_Trailer` HAVING max(DR_RefKey); Where the DR_RefKey is a unique numeric field that is auto iterated (like a primary key)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve multiple rows from mysql and automatically create a table

Hi, i want to create a table automatically based on another table (sms_key). For example; If user create a new row with sms_keyword field: IRC then a table created automatically (with some field on it, like: name, ph_number, messages). select * from sms_key; +-------------+ |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql split rows

Dear community, I have to split string in table and list all values. I'll skip the code and jump directly to mysql query. This is the table: category title ======= ======= 7,3 title 1 1,3 title 2 1,2,3 title 3 Now, what I need is split category into single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

8. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies
CREATE 
VIEW(7) SQL Commands CREATE VIEW(7) NAME
CREATE VIEW - define a new view SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] VIEW view [ ( column name list ) ] AS SELECT query INPUTS view The name (optionally schema-qualified) of a view to be created. column name list An optional list of names to be used for columns of the view. If given, these names override the column names that would be deduced from the SQL query. query An SQL query (that is, a SELECT statement) which will provide the columns and rows of the view. Refer to SELECT [select(7)] for more information about valid arguments. OUTPUTS CREATE VIEW The message returned if the view is successfully created. ERROR: Relation 'view' already exists This error occurs if the view specified already exists in the database. WARNING: Attribute 'column' has an unknown type The view will be created having a column with an unknown type if you do not specify it. For example, the following command gives a warning: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT 'Hello World' whereas this command does not: CREATE VIEW vista AS SELECT text 'Hello World' DESCRIPTION
CREATE VIEW defines a view of a query. The view is not physically materialized. Instead, a query rewrite rule (an ON SELECT rule) is auto- matically generated to support SELECT operations on views. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is similar, but if a view of the same name already exists, it is replaced. You can only replace a view with a new query that generates the identical set of columns (i.e., same column names and data types). If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE VIEW myschema.myview ...) then the view is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema (the one at the front of the search path; see CURRENT_SCHEMA()). The view name must be distinct from the name of any other view, table, sequence, or index in the same schema. NOTES Currently, views are read only: the system will not allow an insert, update, or delete on a view. You can get the effect of an updatable view by creating rules that rewrite inserts, etc. on the view into appropriate actions on other tables. For more information see CREATE RULE [create_rule(7)]. Use the DROP VIEW statement to drop views. USAGE
Create a view consisting of all Comedy films: CREATE VIEW kinds AS SELECT * FROM films WHERE kind = 'Comedy'; SELECT * FROM kinds; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------------------------+-----+------------+--------+------- UA502 | Bananas | 105 | 1971-07-13 | Comedy | 01:22 C_701 | There's a Girl in my Soup | 107 | 1970-06-11 | Comedy | 01:36 (2 rows) COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 SQL92 specifies some additional capabilities for the CREATE VIEW statement: CREATE VIEW view [ column [, ...] ] AS SELECT expression [ AS colname ] [, ...] FROM table [ WHERE condition ] [ WITH [ CASCADE | LOCAL ] CHECK OPTION ] The optional clauses for the full SQL92 command are: CHECK OPTION This option is to do with updatable views. All INSERT and UPDATE commands on the view will be checked to ensure data satisfy the view-defining condition. If they do not, the update will be rejected. LOCAL Check for integrity on this view. CASCADE Check for integrity on this view and on any dependent view. CASCADE is assumed if neither CASCADE nor LOCAL is specified. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW is a PostgreSQL language extension. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CREATE VIEW(7)