Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl text from web
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl text from web Post 302894459 by cmccabe on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 02:23:00 PM
Old 03-25-2014
Perl text from web

Code:
 perl -MLWP::Simple -le '$s=shift;$c=get("http://genetics.emory.edu/egl/tests/view.php?testid=4125/$s/");$c=~/meta content=(.*?)name=\"Genes\"/msg; print length($1),"\t$1"' "Test Description" >output.txt

I am having trouble with this code: Can it be modified for the desired output? I attached the html source code and highlighted the information in green. Thank you very much.

Desired Output:

OMIM Gene
608222 ADSL
300806 AFF2
300382 ARK

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web automation using perl

Hi all, I have to test a web application which has secure authorization. It is a ticketing site where I can create tickets,view and close them. I am trying to automate it in perl and I am not aware of how to do UI automation using perl. Please guide me in steps to implement a perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a web service using perl

Hello to all, What i would like to know is how to call a web service using perl. Where can i find documentation that easy describes this procedure? Any advices will be more tha welcome. Thank you. Best Regards, Chriss_58 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading file from web using perl script

Hi experts, I've question in perl, i need to download a text file from the Web and save that content to the server, Is it possible in perl script or i need to do it in the excel. I tried in the excel but the alignment is missing there. Could you please help in find that. Thanks senthilkumar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on Perl web automation

Hi All, Could experts in the forum suggest me a good book to create web based applications using Perl. Much thanks in advance Karthick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthickrn
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Web Accessibility: text resize

An in house development team is building a website and we were wondering what from a Web Accessibility standpoint is a best practice when it comes to resizing text. Most browsers have a menu item to resize text, but not all users may know it is there or may have difficulty reaching it. Some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabbing web forms with Perl

Hello Everyone, I've googled everywhere for this with no luck and my brain hurts. I'm trying to write a program to take my webpages and search for forms. I've used LWP::Simple to store a website in $content I need to cut the form out of $content. I don't know how to do this seeing as how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibbs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Service in Perl CGI scripting

Hi, I have a requirement to write web service in Perl CGi scripting.The web service will be called by some external programs.Any help would be appreciated.Sample hello world program will be more helpful. Thanks, Liyakath Ali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call perl web service from javascript?

Hi, I would like to call the below perl web service from javascript .Any help would be appreciated.I am new to web services.Please do the needful. Server Program(Perl Web Service) #!/usr/bin/perl use lib '/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/SOAP-Lite-0.65_3/lib'; use SOAP::Transport::HTTP; use Demo;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text.

I wrote a Bash script which checks to see if a text string exists on a web page and then sends me an email if it does (or does not e.g. "Out of stock"). I run it from my crontab, it's quite handy from time to time and I've been using it for a few years now. The script uses wget to download an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies
Test::Object(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Object(3)

NAME
Test::Object - Thoroughly testing objects via registered handlers SYNOPSIS
################################################################### # In your test module, register test handlers again class names # ################################################################### package My::ModuleTester; use Test::More; use Test::Object; # Foo::Bar is a subclass of Foo Test::Object->register( class => 'Foo', tests => 5, code => &foo_ok, ); Test::Object->register( class => 'Foo::Bar', # No fixed number of tests code => &foobar_ok, ); sub foo_ok { my $object = shift; ok( $object->foo, '->foo returns true' ); } sub foobar_ok { my $object = shift; is( $object->foo, 'bar', '->foo returns "bar"' ); } 1; ################################################################### # In test script, test object against all registered classes # ################################################################### #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Test::More 'no_plan'; use Test::Object; use My::ModuleTester; my $object = Foo::Bar->new; isa_ok( $object, 'Foo::Bar' ); object_ok( $object ); DESCRIPTION
In situations where you have deep trees of classes, there is a common situation in which you test a module 4 or 5 subclasses down, which should follow the correct behaviour of not just the subclass, but of all the parent classes. This should be done to ensure that the implementation of a subclass has not somehow "broken" the object's behaviour in a more general sense. "Test::Object" is a testing package designed to allow you to easily test what you believe is a valid object against the expected behaviour of all of the classes in its inheritance tree in one single call. To do this, you "register" tests (in the form of CODE or function references) with "Test::Object", with each test associated with a particular class. When you call "object_ok" in your test script, "Test::Object" will check the object against all registered tests. For each class that your object responds to "$object->isa($class)" for, the appropriate testing function will be called. Doing it this way allows adapter objects and other things that respond to "isa" differently that the default to still be tested against the classes that it is advertising itself as correctly. This also means that more than one test might be "counted" for each call to "object_ok". You should account for this correctly in your expected test count. SUPPORT
Bugs should be submitted via the CPAN bug tracker, located at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Object <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Object> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <cpan@ali.as> SEE ALSO
<http://ali.as/>, Test::More, Test::Builder::Tester, Test::Class COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005, 2006 Adam Kennedy. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2006-09-06 Test::Object(3)