Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to split a file with delimited string? Post 302894376 by Steven77 on Tuesday 25th of March 2014 07:10:18 AM
Old 03-25-2014
Hello Soliton,
Perfect, it worked! Smilie

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast way to split a tab delimited file

I have searched the forum and tried different options. One of the options work but is very slow. The file has millions and millions of records. It is a TAB delimited file which contains two types of records. Metadata and Detail records. M PARTNER 8 LAST_BOOKED_DATE D YYYYMMDD ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To split a string to obtain the words delimited by whitespaces

Please can someone thow some light what is the best way to split a string to obtain the words delimited by whitespaces. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split pipe delimited file

I have a pipe delimited input file as below. First byte of the each line indicate the record type. Then i need to split the file based on record_type = null,0,1,2,6 and create 5 files. How do i do this in a ksh script? Pls help |sl||SL|SL|SL|1996/04/03|1988/09/15|C|A|sl||||*|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njgirl
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace string only in a particular column in a delimited file

I have file with multiple columns. Column values for a record may be same. Now i have to replace a column value(this can be same for the other columns) with new value. File.txt A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D,A,B,C,D... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk search for string pattern in delimited file

I've got a semicolon delimited file. I would like to search for fields that match a pattern, and not hardcoded eg "mth". *th=something If the delimited field fulfills this condition, eg. mth=value I would like to print out both key and value for some number comparison. eg. if value > "12"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienated
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print the column that contains a string in delimited file in unix

Hi Team, I have a requirement to print the column or find the column number of a particular string in delimited (;) file. Ex: aaa;bbb;ccc;rrr;mmm; gggg;rrr;mmmm;ssss;eee;aaa; ccc;gggg;tttt;bbbb;dddd;ggggg;rrr; my file contains 1000+ rows like above example with semicolon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a non delimited file into columns depending on user input

I would like some advice on some code. I want to write a small script that will take an input file of this format 111222233334444555666661112222AAAA 2222333445556612323244455445454545 2334556345643534505435345353453453 (and so on) It will be called as : script inputfile X (where X is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforbopi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a content in a file with specific interval base on the delimited values using UNIX command

Hi All, we have a requirement to split a content in a text file every 5 rows and write in a new file . conditions: if 5th line falls between center of the statement . it should look upto after ";" files are below format: 1 UPDATE TABLE TEST1 SET VALUE ='AFDASDFAS' 2 WHERE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
fddist(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							fddist(1m)

NAME
fddist - file descriptor usage distributions. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
fddist [-r|-w] DESCRIPTION
This prints distributions for read and write events by file descriptor, by process. This can be used to determine which file descriptor a process is doing the most I/O with. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-r reads only -w writes only EXAMPLES
Sample both read and write activity, # fddist Sample reads only, # fddist -r FIELDS
EXEC process name PID process ID value file descriptor count number of events BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/lquantize.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "Aggregations" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
fddist will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jun 08, 2005 fddist(1m)