Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions UNIX script coding HW question Post 302894326 by bakunin on Monday 24th of March 2014 10:28:40 PM
Old 03-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade755
i tried everything to write this code i couldnt
OK, what exactly have you tried? Post your tries here and we can tell you why they don't work or what you do wrong.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Coding question for any experts out there

Given this one long stream of data (all one line): <TransactionDetail><TransactionHeader><ErrorLogging>YES</ErrorLogging><HistoryLogging>YES</HistoryLogging><ErrorDetection>NO</ErrorD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfran1972
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coding Standard For Unix Shell Scripting!!!

Is there any site on Coding Standard for Shell Scripting in UNIX. Please help me know!!!!! Thanks Om (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix coding tip required

Hi! Suppose I am at a location xyz:/abc1/abc2/abc3 Is it possible to move to another location xyz:/mnl1/mnl2/mnl3 by some coding within a script? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udiptya
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting Started in UNIX - incorporating C coding

I'm just starting a 'serious' coding in UNIX, so what I need is to run a C code on UNIX, What do I have to install (app) prior to coding/running the code and how do I compile that code? can I write my c code in UNIX or I need to have a visual studio for this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peevish
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix coding for triggering informatica

Hi, I have very little knowledge with unix and pmcmd. I need help with a issue. I have to see whether a file has been dropped in a particular location/path. If the file dropped I have to check the last modified time, which should be greater than 8pmEST the prior day. If the file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwolves
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell script coding

I have a file f1.txt that contains string: f1.txt aaa bbb ccc ... I want to write code to search that each string in file f2.txt(this file contains 1000+line codes). file f2.txt .. .. ....aaa...xyz.. ... ... ...ppp... (dots . can be characters ot blank spaces) If particular... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchit
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script coding help?

Unix script coding help? i am trying to write a code that will display following menu to user: (A) Add (B) Subtract (C) Multiply (D) Divide (E) Modulus (F) Exponentiation (G) Exit Then ask user for choice (A-F). After taking users choice ask user for two numbers and perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renegade755
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with understand shell script coding

Good afternoon everyone, I am very new to UNIX shell scripting and I am trying to understand the following code. I know what it does but I need to modify it so it will allow me to pass a file name as *FILENAME* Thank for any guidance offered. if ] ; then match=`expr "$file" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Walter Barona
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Coding Style at UNIX.com forums

Hi, as I mentioned in this thread(https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/280737-awk-function-return-permutations-n-items-out-m.html), a helpful coding style may improve overall value and support for people who come here and want to learn things the participants from unix.com have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
2 Replies
DVTM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DVTM(1)

NAME
dvtm - dynamic virtual terminal manager SYNOPSIS
dvtm [-v] [-m mod] [-s status-fifo] [cmd...] DESCRIPTION
dvtm is a dynamic tiling window manager for the console. As a console window manager it tries to make it easy to work with multiple con- sole based applications. OPTIONS
-v prints version information to standard output, then exits. -m mod set default modifier at runtime. -d escdelay set the delay ncurses waits before deciding if a character that might be part of an escape sequence is actually part of an escape sequence. -h nnn set the scrollback history buffer size at runtime. -s status-fifo if status-fifo is a named pipe it's content is read and displayed. See the dvtm-status script for an usage example. [cmd...] Execute cmd after dvtm is started. USAGE
Keyboard commands Mod Each keybinding begins with Mod which defaults to ^g but can be changed in config.h or with the -m command line option. Mod-c Create a new shell window. Mod-x Close focused window. Mod-l Increases the master area width about 5% (all except grid and fullscreen layout). Mod-h Decreases the master area width about 5% (all except grid and fullscreen layout). Mod-j Focus next window. Mod-k Focus previous window. Mod-[1..n] Focus the nth window. Mod-. Toggle minimization of current window. Mod-u Focus next non minimized window. Mod-i Focus prev non minimized window. Mod-m Maximize current window (change to fullscreen layout). Mod-PageUp Scroll up. Mod-PageDown Scroll down. Mod-Space Toggle between defined layouts (affects all windows). Mod-Enter Zooms/cycles current window to/from master area. Mod-t Change to vertical stack tiling layout. Mod-b Change to bottom stack tiling layout. Mod-g Change to grid layout. Mod-s Shows/hides the status bar. Mod-r Redraw whole screen. Mod-G Escape the next typed key. Mod-a Toggle keyboard multiplexing mode, if activated keypresses are sent to all non minimized windows. Mod-X Lock screen. Mod-B Toggle bell (off by default). Mod-M Toggle dvtm mouse grabbing. Mod-q Quit dvtm. Mouse commands Copy and Paste By default dvtm captures mouse events to provide the actions listed below. Unfortunately this interferes with the standard X copy and paste mechanism. To work around this you need to hold down SHIFT while selecting or pasting text. Alternatively you can disable mouse support at compile time, or use Mod-M to toggle mouse support dynamically. Button1 click Select window. Button1 double click Select window and toggle maximization. Button2 click Zooms/cycles current window to/from master area. Button3 click Toggle minimization of current window. EXAMPLE
See the dvtm-status script as an example. CUSTOMIZATION
dvtm is customized by creating a custom config.h and (re)compiling the source code. This keeps it fast, secure and simple. AUTHOR
dvtm is written by Marc Andre Tanner <mat at brain-dump.org> dvtm-0.6 DVTM(1)