Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Joining ends of strings in certain order with repeated ID's Post 302894309 by verse123 on Monday 24th of March 2014 08:34:01 PM
Old 03-24-2014
hi spacebar, the rules you wrote out are correct. I should just mention that the file only has two columns (ID and string column). I made the last segments of the strings capital letters for clarity in the post but the strings are really all lowercase.

I should also mention that the ID can repeat more than 4 times, and that there exists multiple ID's, each with varying numbers of repetitions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell program for sorting strings in an alphabetical order

Hi, I trying to find the solution for writing the programming in unix by shell programming for sorting thr string in alphabetical order. I getting diffculty in that ,, so i want to find out the solution for that Please do needful Thanks Bhagyesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp_vanarse
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare strings, words in different order

Hi, Would anyone know how to compare two strings, and only throw an error if there were different words, not that the same words were in a different order? e.g "A B C" vs "B C A" ->OK "A B C" vs "A D C" -> BAD Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting repeated strings in column 2

Hi to all, I have a file where the subject could contain "Summarized Availability Report" or only "Summarized Report" If the subject is "Summarized Availability Report" I want to apply it Scrip1 and if the subject is "Summarized Report" I want to apply it Scrip2. 1-) I would like you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete repeated strings (tags) in a line and concatenate corresponding words

Hello friends! Each line of my input file has this format: word<TAB>tag1<blankspace>lemma<TAB>tag2<blankspace>lemma ... <TAB>tag3<blankspace>lemma Of this file I need to eliminate all the repeated tags (of the same word) in a line, as in the example here below, but conserving both (all) the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
2 Replies

5. Programming

Sorting a vector of strings into numerical order.

I have a vector of strings that contain a list of channels like this: 101,99,22HD,432,300HD I have tried using the sort routine like this: sort(mychans.begin(),mychans.end()); For some reason my channels are not being sorted at all. I was hoping someone might have some input that might... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting strings in reverse order

Hello, I have a large database of words and would like them sorted in reverse order i.e. from the end up. An example will make this clear: I have tried to write a program in Perl which basically takes the string from the end and tries to sort from that end but it does not seem... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings in ascending order

Hi, I have a sequence which has 30000 strings which looks like this >string2991 234445 >string224 470561 >string121 675386 >string4098 177229 >string8049 255838 >string8 672382 >string1115 578415 I want it to be arranged in ascending order >string8 672382 >string121... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find repeated word and take sum of the second field to it ,for all the repeated words in awk

Hi below is the input file, i need to find repeated words and sum up the values of it which is second field from the repeated work.Im trying but getting no where close to it.Kindly give me a hint on how to go about it Input fruits,apple,20,fruits,mango,20,veg,carrot,12,veg,raddish,30... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file which are not ends with ".zip" and which are ends with "*.log*" or "*.out*"?

I am new to bash/shell scripting. I want to find all the files in directory and subdirectories, which are not ends with “.zip” and which are contains in the file name “*.log*” or “*.out*”. I know below command to get the files which ends with “.log”; but I need which are not ends with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help tabulating file putting repeated strings as headers

Hi. May somebody help me with this. I´m trying to tabulate the following input file, but the desired output I´m getting is incorrect. I have access to GNU/LINUX (Ubuntu) and Cygwin Input file STAGE = 1 ID = 0 NAME = JFMSC TYPE = MLRR DFRUL = PERMISSION ADDR = 1001 RRUL =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies
auditmask(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      auditmask(8)

Name
       auditmask - get or set auditmasks

Syntax
       auditmask [ option ...  ] [ event[:succeed:fail]

Description
       The  command  with  no  arguments displays the system-calls and trusted-events currently being audited for the system, and displays whether
       they are being audited under successful or failed occurrences or both.  The format used for the display is acceptable as input to the  com-
       mand.

The command with event arguments sets the system-call and trusted-event audit masks for the system.  This is cumulative operation, so it is
       possible to turn on or off audit for one set of events, then turn on or off audit for a second set of events without changing the first set
       of  events (except for intersection between the two sets).  Command line arguments to can include one or more events, each with an optional
       field :succeed:fail, where succeed is either 0 to specify no auditing of successful occurrences of event, or 1 (or any non-zero	character)
       to specify auditing of successful occurrences of event; and fail is either 0 to specify no auditing of failed occurrences of event or 1 (or
       any non-zero character) to specify auditing of failed occurrences of event.  The event name is the system-call name  or	the  trusted-event
       name (see audit.h ).

The command will also accept redirected input, which can be the output of a previously issued command.  This is a file which contains lines
       of the format event [succeed][fail].  If the keyword succeed is present, successful occurrences of that event will be audited; if the  key-
       word  fail  is  present,  failed  occurrences of that event will be audited; if both are present, successful and failed occurrences will be
       audited; if neither keyword is present, that event will not be audited.

The auditmask command can also be used to set the audit style characteristics of the audit subsystem.  These  characteristics  control  how
       much information is recorded on exec operations.

The  command  is  used in to initialize the auditmask at boot time according to the file This makes use of privileged operations within the
       system call.

Options
       -f	   Turns on full auditing for the system.  This list may include events which have no symbolic name and are represented only by  a
		   number (reserved for future use); these events will not be audited, despite their presence in the auditmask.

-n	   Turns off all auditing for the system.

-s aud_style
		   An  aud_style  of  "exec_argp" enables the auditing of the argument list to an or syscall.  An aud_style of "exec_envp" enables
		   the auditing of the environment strings to an or syscall.

See Also
       audcntl(2)

auditmask(8)