Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl SSH:Expect stdout
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl SSH:Expect stdout Post 302894294 by spacebar on Monday 24th of March 2014 05:41:40 PM
Old 03-24-2014
That is one of the options that is passed to the Expect object inside the connect method before it spawns the ssh process:
Net::SSH::Expect - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

expect and ssh

hello I installed expect on my solaris box. now I want to execute this command on several servers as root (all of them have the same root password): for i in 1 2 3; do ssh root@"srv"$i" ls /; done; I want of course to skip these 2 steps: The authenticity of host 'srv3 (172.21.26.25)'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : stdout is not return to screen

Hello All, I have a perl script , and the STDERR and additional FH is redirected to the STDOUT like below: open STDOUT ,">>$log" or die "$! :: $log\n"; open STDERR ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can redirect STDERR to STDOUT\n"; select STDERR; $|=1; open LOG ,">&STDOUT" or die "$! :: Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to ssh into MMI

Guys, I know this is tricky.. I'm trying to write a script to pull info from a MMI device. Following script logins into the server and then changes to super user. Opens MMI session and then exits out. I need to run the command under the MMI session "dsp_alarm_span all" Is there any other way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Expect Script

Ok, i don't know if anyone else here have had to deal with something like this before, but here's my situation. I have about 1000+ servers I need to log into to do something. What i need to do is to log into each server, go to a certain directory on each of the servers, copy the files that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with expect when ssh fails

I'm trying to write a script using expect. I'd like the script to execute several commands when the ssh succeeds and i want it to exit if the ssh fails. Does this require to define a time out for the ssh command so that if the prompt is back before this defined time the next commands are executed??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hossam_Nox
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh via expect

(Crossposting note: I have already posted this article on comp.lang.tcl 6 days ago and on the tek-tips dot com forum 3 days ago. This is posted here again, because I didn't get any response on my original articles there). I use the following script on Solaris to log into a remote host: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using SSH with expect command

Hi all, I want to connect to some host with "ssh". I have googled and got some commands of "expect" and "spawn". I was not aware of these commands and tried below script. $ cat auto.sh set host xx.xx.xx.xx set password abcd@1234 set user root spawn ssh $user@$host expect "*?assword:*"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)