Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux Post 302894278 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 24th of March 2014 04:10:43 PM
Old 03-24-2014
Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux

I try to start a integrity vm machine using ignite-ux
and my usual dhcp server on linux.
Ip of server ignite is =192.168.0.16
Ip of dhcpd is = 192.168.0.2
Ip of client vm = 192.168.0.18
I try to boot from lan
Code:
Booting over the network
Loading.: lanboot

Client MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXX ..
Client IP Address: 192.168.0.18
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
BOOTP Server IP Address: 192.168.0.16
DHCP Server IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Boot file name: /opt/ignite/boot/nbp.efi

Retrieving File Size.
Retrieving File (TFTP)./
PXE-E18: Timeout.  Server did not respond.
Load of lanboot failed: Not Found
Paused - press any key to continue

On linux i configure dhcp

Code:
#boot
allow bootp;
use-host-decl-names on;
next-server 192.168.0.2;
filename "/pxelinux.0";
#hpuxboot ignite
group {
  host hpux3 {
        hardware ethernet XXXXXXXXX;
        fixed-address 192.168.0.18;
        next-server 192.168.0.16;
        filename "/opt/ignite/boot/nbp.efi";
}

and tftp

Code:
tftp  dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/sbin/in.tftpd  in.tftpd

What i miss?
if i try using -s /tftpboot or similar give me error code 2h
Intel pxe clients linux and tftp clients works fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

an ignite server for Solaris 8 ?

I know and used an ignite server for hp-ux, but is there such a beast for Solaris flavour of unix ? thanks simon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simon2000
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All, I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue * Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1", (/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1). *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu H
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					    SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)

NAME
exclusion - Exclude a set of hosts from a definition in a shorewall configuration file. SYNOPSIS
!address-or-range[,address-or-range]... !zone-name[,zone-name]... DESCRIPTION
The first form of exclusion is used when you wish to exclude one or more addresses from a definition. An exclaimation point is followed by a comma-separated list of addresses. The addresses may be single host addresses (e.g., 192.168.1.4) or they may be network addresses in CIDR format (e.g., 192.168.1.0/24). If your kernel and iptables include iprange support, you may also specify ranges of ip addresses of the form lowaddress-highaddress No embedded whitespace is allowed. Exclusion can appear after a list of addresses and/or address ranges. In that case, the final list of address is formed by taking the first list and then removing the addresses defined in the exclusion. Beginning in Shorewall 4.4.13, the second form of exclusion is allowed after all and any in the SOURCE and DEST columns of /etc/shorewall/rules. It allows you to omit arbitrary zones from the list generated by those key words. Warning If you omit a sub-zone and there is an explicit or explicit CONTINUE policy, a connection to/from that zone can still be matched by the rule generated for a parent zone. For example: /etc/shorewall/zones: #ZONE TYPE z1 ip z2:z1 ip ... /etc/shorewall/policy: #SOURCE DEST POLICY z1 net CONTINUE z2 net REJECT /etc/shorewall/rules: #ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST # PORT(S) ACCEPT all!z2 net tcp 22 In this case, SSH connections from z2 to net will be accepted by the generated z1 to net ACCEPT rule. In most contexts, ipset names can be used as an address-or-range. Beginning with Shorewall 4.4.14, ipset lists enclosed in +[...] may also be included (see shorewall-ipsets[1] (5)). The semantics of these lists when used in an exclusion are as follows: o !+[set1,set2,...setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match at least one of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 OR NOT match set2 ... OR NOT match setN. o +[!set1,!set2,...!setN] produces a packet match if the packet does not match any of the sets. In other words, it is like NOT match set1 AND NOT match set2 ... AND NOT match setN. EXAMPLES
Example 1 - All IPv4 addresses except 192.168.3.4 !192.168.3.4 Example 2 - All IPv4 addresses except the network 192.168.1.0/24 and the host 10.2.3.4 !192.168.1.0/24,10.1.3.4 Example 3 - All IPv4 addresses except the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12 and the network 10.0.0.0/8 !192.168.1.3-192.168.1.12,10.0.0.0/8 Example 4 - The network 192.168.1.0/24 except hosts 192.168.1.3 and 192.168.1.9 192.168.1.0/24!192.168.1.3,192.168.1.9 Example 5 - All parent zones except loc any!loc FILES
/etc/shorewall/hosts /etc/shorewall/masq /etc/shorewall/rules /etc/shorewall/tcrules SEE ALSO
shorewall(8), shorewall-accounting(5), shorewall-actions(5), shorewall-blacklist(5), shorewall-hosts(5), shorewall_interfaces(5), shorewall-ipsets(5), shorewall-maclist(5), shorewall-masq(5), shorewall-nat(5), shorewall-netmap(5), shorewall-params(5), shorewall-policy(5), shorewall-providers(5), shorewall-proxyarp(5), shorewall-rtrules(5), shorewall-routestopped(5), shorewall-rules(5), shorewall.conf(5), shorewall-secmarks(5), shorewall-tcclasses(5), shorewall-tcdevices(5), shorewall-tcrules(5), shorewall-tos(5), shorewall-tunnels(5), shorewall-zones(5) NOTES
1. shorewall-ipsets http://www.shorewall.net/manpages/shorewall-ipsets.html [FIXME: source] 06/28/2012 SHOREWALL-EXCLUSION(5)