Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find command issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command issue Post 302894103 by ahamed101 on Monday 24th of March 2014 03:57:14 AM
Old 03-24-2014
find is not that intelligent. It will only list the file that was modified x no of days as per your command.
Are you expecting it to display the content which got added into that file in last 24 hours? I don't think a readymade command is available for that.
You may need to parse the file, provided there is some marker like date or something added in the file to identify per day logs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with find command using links

Hi, Having a simple issue with find command on Sun. The command works fine if the variable is set to the actual filesystem but fails when the variable is set to a link which is pointing to the same filesystem. export DUMPDEST=/oradata1/exports/pbm - Set the variable ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win_vin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrange Find command Issue

Hi all, i'm new at shell scripting world... I'm working on a script for searching old files on a server, this scripts runs with a configuration file wich indicates where to search the files, the script should search for all files that are older than an x qty of days, and the only clue that i have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanklavera
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command issue

I am currently using below command to get the 1st three characters of a file(PDM). Issue is, when i use find command in root dir, it finds all the files in sub dir also. How to limit the find command search to a given path only(ie: say only find file in apps/cmplus/datamigration/data path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

7. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue while using find command

Hi, I have created a shell script for Server Log Automation Process. I have used find xargs grep command to search the string. for Example, find -name | xargs grep "816995225" > test.txt . Here my problem is, We have lot of records and we want to grep the string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Find and mv command

Hi I am using the below code to find mv the files. Files are moving to the Target location as expected but find is displaying some errors like below. find ./ -name "Archive*" -mtime +300 -exec mv {} /mnt/X/ARC/ \; find: `./Archive_09-30-12': No such file or directory find:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
6 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)