Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work Post 302894081 by sumitsks on Monday 24th of March 2014 02:16:46 AM
Old 03-24-2014
you can try this

Code:
su -l oracle -c "export ORACLE_SID=$11;export MYVAR1=Stomper;export MYVAR2=Duffy; echo \`whoami\` >/tmp/who.txt;echo $1 >/tmp/Arg_name.txt;echo $ORACLE_SID >/tmp/Instancename.txt;echo $MYVAR2 >/tmp/MYVAR2.txt"

This User Gave Thanks to sumitsks For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep doesn't work within shell script?

I am trying to run the following code from a script file but it complains that syntax of (both instances of) grep is wrong. When I copy and paste it to the terminal, it is OK. Any idea what the problem might be? set i = `grep -c #define flags.h` while ($i>20) @ i-- my func (`cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching to another user in shell script...

Hi, I have a shell script in which I need to switch to another user and execute some commands and then come back to the original user. To make it more clear - I have to log in as user root then 'su' to jag - execute a script called backup.sh and then logout and come back to root again.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching user inside a shell script

Dear All, I want to switch a user inside a shell script.My current user say x and user y to whom i want to switch both have login on the same server,the one on which i want to execute my script on. "I want to do something like this su - y Password should be provided in the script itself.And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$RANDOM does not work inside a shell script

Hi folks I'm coding on Ubuntu 9.04 standard shell. I'm writing a script that needs to generate a random number at some point of its execution. When I do echo $RANDOMas a command inside shell, I clearly get some randomly generated number However when I do i=`$RANDOM` echo $ior even... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in shell script doesn't work

Hello all, Something strange going on with a shell script I'm writing. It's trying to write a list of files that it finds in a given directory to another file. But I also have a skip list so matching files that are in that skip list should be, well uhm, skipped :) Here's the code of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StijnV
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login as a different user inside a shell script?

hi, i want to login as a different user inside a shell script and then call another shell script from that script. how to do that? original script : script_A.sh so when the script_A.sh is called , i want to login as a different user and then call another shell script(script_B.sh) from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Su to another user from root doesn't work within shell script

Hello I have a shell script that is run as root. Script rins ok until the point where it have to switch to user "mqm" to run other commands. It just hangs at the point of this line in the script su - mqm -c "dspmq" I ran the same commands at the terminal and they run fine. Any thoughts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo12
6 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)