Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mimesender (Perderabo): no attachment in email message Post 302893925 by Perderabo on Friday 21st of March 2014 06:44:28 PM
Old 03-21-2014
Thanks Corona688. mimesender is supposed to work ok with no body specified and (I think) I remember testing that with Outlook (probably on XP) and with some UA on HP-UX (probably elm). It may be that the UA being used by the OP has a bug and it requires the presence of of a body. It also may be that my very old script is no longer compatible with current email standards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail message attachment not complete

Hi, I use MIME::Lite to send an e-mail with an attachment: $msg = MIME::Lite->new( From =>$usermail, To =>$tomail, Subject =>'Nieuw Pegasus Adresboek', Type =>'multipart/mixed' ); $msg->attach(Type =>'TEXT', Data =>$message ); $msg->attach(Type =>'text/plain', Path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML message with attachment (text-file)

Hello: I've searched de forum but could not find an answer to send an email via sendmail in HTML with an text-file (plain-text) as attachment: My code: export FROM="Me" export MAILTO="mymail" export SUBJECT=$TITULO$bbdd export BODY=$LOG ( echo "FROM:$FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felix2511
2 Replies

5. AIX

Email with Attachment

Hi, I have .ksh file which internally calls a .sql file. This sql file writes a file with the result. I am using the following command to send email with the result file as attachment uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail -s "Subject" abc@abc.com. When i run the .ksh file i get a message you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyushprabhakar
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attachment in email

I have a file in unix, while i do email that file to some one from unix, the attachment file data is displaying in the email. (as body of the email). but if the file has some special characters , the file is emailing as attachment. But i need the file as the body in the email if it has special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
LR_GETBODY.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  LR_GETBODY.IN(1)

NAME
lr_getbody - Extract file, sender and subject information from an email SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_getbody [-c content-type] <messagefile>` DESCRIPTION
lr_getbody reads an email message on stdin (or specified as argument), will extract the submitter address and the subject from that email. It will also extract the biggest attachment or the first one having a content-type matching the content-type argument. This information is passed to the caller by printing that information in a format suitable for eval. The following variable will be printed on STDOUT: lr_getbody_SUBMITTER Email address of the submitter. That is the first email that is found in the headers (searched in the following order): Reply-To, From, Sender. This will only contains the address portion (without the <>). lr_getbody_TO The email address to which the email was sent. lr_getbody_SUBJECT Subject of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_DATE The date of the message. That string is sanitized. lr_getbody_FILE Path to the temporary file holding the found attachment. lr_getbody_OK This will be set if the operation was completed successfully. It is possible for lr_getbody to fail to extract the attachment, but the header information might still be available. This script is used by lr_processmail(1) and lr_rawmail2mail(1). VERSION
$Id: lr_getbody.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_GETBODY.IN(1)