Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mimesender (Perderabo): no attachment in email message Post 302893910 by Corona688 on Friday 21st of March 2014 03:53:00 PM
Old 03-21-2014
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment The code for mimesender can be found here.

Have you tried specifying a body with -b filename.txt ? Even though you want it blank, perhaps specifying a blank file would help. Or one holding a single empty line.

What email client are you using?
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail message attachment not complete

Hi, I use MIME::Lite to send an e-mail with an attachment: $msg = MIME::Lite->new( From =>$usermail, To =>$tomail, Subject =>'Nieuw Pegasus Adresboek', Type =>'multipart/mixed' ); $msg->attach(Type =>'TEXT', Data =>$message ); $msg->attach(Type =>'text/plain', Path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML message with attachment (text-file)

Hello: I've searched de forum but could not find an answer to send an email via sendmail in HTML with an text-file (plain-text) as attachment: My code: export FROM="Me" export MAILTO="mymail" export SUBJECT=$TITULO$bbdd export BODY=$LOG ( echo "FROM:$FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Felix2511
2 Replies

5. AIX

Email with Attachment

Hi, I have .ksh file which internally calls a .sql file. This sql file writes a file with the result. I am using the following command to send email with the result file as attachment uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail -s "Subject" abc@abc.com. When i run the .ksh file i get a message you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyushprabhakar
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attachment in email

I have a file in unix, while i do email that file to some one from unix, the attachment file data is displaying in the email. (as body of the email). but if the file has some special characters , the file is emailing as attachment. But i need the file as the body in the email if it has special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotRules - database of robots.txt-derived permissions SYNOPSIS
use WWW::RobotRules; my $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new('MOMspider/1.0'); use LWP::Simple qw(get); { my $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } { my $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } # Now we can check if a URL is valid for those servers # whose "robots.txt" files we've gotten and parsed: if($rules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses /robots.txt files as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", at <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to forbid conforming robots from accessing parts of their web site. The parsed files are kept in a WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can be used for one or more parsed /robots.txt files on any number of hosts. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. The User-Agent fields must occur before the Disallow fields. If a record contains a User-Agent field after a Disallow field, that constitutes a malformed record. This parser will assume that a blank line should have been placed before that User-Agent field, and will break the record into two. All the fields before the User-Agent field will constitute a record, and the User-Agent field will be the first field in a new record. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved Unrecognized records are ignored. ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / This is an example of a malformed robots.txt file. # robots.txt for ancientcastle.example.com # I've locked myself away. User-agent: * Disallow: / # The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like. User-agent: Belle Disallow: /west-wing/ # except the west wing! # It's good to be the Prince... User-agent: Beast Disallow: This file is missing the required blank lines between records. However, the intention is clear. SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2009, Gisle Aas Copyright 1995, Martijn Koster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-18 WWW::RobotRules(3)