Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring Centralized Solaris Server to Receive Syslogs Post 302893850 by JoeDirte on Friday 21st of March 2014 10:56:13 AM
Old 03-21-2014
Check out syslog-ng for Solaris (syslog-ng - Multiplatform Syslog Server and Logging Daemon), I use this on all my Solaris and windows systems. The filtering rules will allow you to separate out the log files based on the server they came from.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Centralized syslog server

I have a syslog server running Solaris 5.9 that is used exclusively to receive log messages from several thousand Cisco devices. The syslog server is and has been running fine for several months.. I would like to take all messages logged from the Cisco devices on this server and forward them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getwithrob
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to implement Centralized logging server

Hi, I have Sun One Application server installed on 2 Solaris servers. Currently I am getting their logs in relative server. I am using log4j for logging. Now I want to change this. I want such that I should get both S1AS's log on third server with log4j. How can I do that ? I got one idea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Configuring POSTFIX to receive emails only from localhost

Hello, I am new to POSTFIX. My manager has asked me to configure POSTFIX running on a server to accept mail only from itself(localhost). Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure centralized log server

hi, i am beginner i am using small lan setup all machine fc 6 and fc7 8 and fedora 9 also i want to know how to configure centralized log server on fedora 9 step by step any one help me Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poswer
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on setting up Centralized Server

Hello All, I am working on SuSe Linux Platform. Some times ago i got an issue with an application for which i had to update that in all desktops (SLED == SuSe Linux Desktop). Since this time number of desktops were less then it was possible to go and update package manually. But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirsha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification from another server need to receive.

I have two application server appserver1 and appserver 2. A script will run from appserver1 which main activity is 1. Connect with the apserver 2 and run a script which saved on appserver2 2. the saved script will in appserver 2 will complete its task and generate a log Problem i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz43
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Facing problem in configuring syslog server in Solaris

I am trying to configure central syslog server On hostA, in /etc/syslog.conf file,I am adding below line*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit @hostB then I am restarting syslog servicesvcadm restart /system/system-log In hostA, I have already added hostB entry in /etc/hosts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
5 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)