Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Continual knocking on port 443 from foreign IP address Post 302893847 by randomxs on Friday 21st of March 2014 11:05:43 AM
Old 03-21-2014
Yes I have it's from an ISP in Mexico City and appears to be on a DSL line.

---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:47 AM ----------

Also, yes I'm sure it's a bot of some kind. But it would seem to me that for the bot controller it would be a big waste of his 'resources' since I've block any source and destination packets that are TCP and UDP for all of LACNIC, APNIC, RIPE and AFRINIC for months now.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sunblade shows 2 MAC address on same port

Please, can someone tell me why my SunBlade would be showing 2 different but similar MAC addresses on the same port on the Switch? The switch shows all other Workstations with 1 MAC on each port, but the SunBlade is showing 2. Thanks in advance for any insight.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GoneCrazy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How To Change 5 port Ip Address Solaris?

Hello i'm newbie in solaris, anybody know how to change five port solaris 10? exmpe: bge0, bge1, bge2, etc. anybody can help me with the script implementasi... and logical how solaris work. thank so much:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Port Address Changing....

Is there a software solution to stop intruders from changing my port addresses? Causes IPmap to crash. Platform is OS/X Leopard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aleatory
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure squid to listen on any IP address with port 80

Hi, I am trying to configure a transparent squid cache. When I try to use the below option in squid.conf, squid listens on port 80 only for the IP address configured on the system's interface. http_port 80 transparent But I want squid to accept connections for any IP address on port 80.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learner32
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Listening to port when no IP address is assigned

Hi Pals Consider a case where the network interface is there and it is connected to a network. Only thing left here is I need to set a static ip/ip though dhcp (though ifconfig) I heard that it is possible to listen even if the ip address is not set. So is there any possibility of an attack over... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Allow usage of port 80 and 443

I am trying to install Sun Java Web Server using an ordinary user with no root/sudo rights. I need to allow this web server to use ports 80 and 443. How can this be done?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the foreign address?

hi i want to open port 9100 and the connect server could not to connect to my application this my results of netstat tulpn Active Internet connections (w/o servers) Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State tcp 0 0 localhost:9100 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammad alshar
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to open 443 port in HP-UX?

Hello Experts, I want to open the port 443 on my HP-UX system. can you please help ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

netstat local and foreign address relationship.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the relationship between local and foreign address in the output of netstat -an. Output 1 ---------- 162.103.162.37.50224 162.103.162.35.9511 49640 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED 162.103.162.37.50263 162.103.162.35.9512 49640 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
CREATE 
SERVER(7) SQL Commands CREATE SERVER(7) NAME
CREATE SERVER - define a new foreign server SYNOPSIS
CREATE SERVER servername [ TYPE 'servertype' ] [ VERSION 'serverversion' ] FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER fdwname [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE SERVER defines a new foreign server. The user who defines the server becomes its owner. A foreign server typically encapsulates connection information that a foreign-data wrapper uses to access an external data resource. Addi- tional user-specific connection information may be specified by means of user mappings. The server name must be unique within the database. Creating a server requires USAGE privilege on the foreign-data wrapper being used. PARAMETERS
servername The name of the foreign server to be created. servertype Optional server type. serverversion Optional server version. fdwname The name of the foreign-data wrapper that manages the server. OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) This clause specifies the options for the server. The options typically define the connection details of the server, but the actual names and values are dependent on the server's foreign-data wrapper. NOTES
When using the dblink module (see in the documentation), the foreign server name can be used as an argument of the dblink_connect(l) func- tion to indicate the connection parameters. See also there for more examples. It is necessary to have the USAGE privilege on the foreign server to be able to use it in this way. EXAMPLES
Create a server foo that uses the built-in foreign-data wrapper default: CREATE SERVER foo FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER "default"; Create a server myserver that uses the foreign-data wrapper pgsql: CREATE SERVER myserver FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER pgsql OPTIONS (host 'foo', dbname 'foodb', port '5432'); COMPATIBILITY
CREATE SERVER conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). SEE ALSO
ALTER SERVER [alter_server(7)], DROP SERVER [drop_server(7)], CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER [create_foreign_data_wrapper(7)], CREATE USER MAPPING [create_user_mapping(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE SERVER(7)