Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Continual knocking on port 443 from foreign IP address Post 302893838 by vbe on Friday 21st of March 2014 10:15:20 AM
Old 03-21-2014
Bots?
Ever looked where the IP is from?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sunblade shows 2 MAC address on same port

Please, can someone tell me why my SunBlade would be showing 2 different but similar MAC addresses on the same port on the Switch? The switch shows all other Workstations with 1 MAC on each port, but the SunBlade is showing 2. Thanks in advance for any insight.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GoneCrazy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How To Change 5 port Ip Address Solaris?

Hello i'm newbie in solaris, anybody know how to change five port solaris 10? exmpe: bge0, bge1, bge2, etc. anybody can help me with the script implementasi... and logical how solaris work. thank so much:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanto85
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Port Address Changing....

Is there a software solution to stop intruders from changing my port addresses? Causes IPmap to crash. Platform is OS/X Leopard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aleatory
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Configure squid to listen on any IP address with port 80

Hi, I am trying to configure a transparent squid cache. When I try to use the below option in squid.conf, squid listens on port 80 only for the IP address configured on the system's interface. http_port 80 transparent But I want squid to accept connections for any IP address on port 80.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learner32
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Listening to port when no IP address is assigned

Hi Pals Consider a case where the network interface is there and it is connected to a network. Only thing left here is I need to set a static ip/ip though dhcp (though ifconfig) I heard that it is possible to listen even if the ip address is not set. So is there any possibility of an attack over... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Allow usage of port 80 and 443

I am trying to install Sun Java Web Server using an ordinary user with no root/sudo rights. I need to allow this web server to use ports 80 and 443. How can this be done?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emealogistics
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the foreign address?

hi i want to open port 9100 and the connect server could not to connect to my application this my results of netstat tulpn Active Internet connections (w/o servers) Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State tcp 0 0 localhost:9100 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohammad alshar
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to open 443 port in HP-UX?

Hello Experts, I want to open the port 443 on my HP-UX system. can you please help ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

netstat local and foreign address relationship.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the relationship between local and foreign address in the output of netstat -an. Output 1 ---------- 162.103.162.37.50224 162.103.162.35.9511 49640 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED 162.103.162.37.50263 162.103.162.35.9512 49640 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
HOSTNAME(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       HOSTNAME(7)

NAME
hostname - hostname resolution description DESCRIPTION
Hostnames are domains, where a domain is a hierarchical, dot-separated list of subdomains; for example, the machine monet, in the Berkeley subdomain of the EDU domain would be represented as "monet.Berkeley.EDU". Hostnames are often used with network client and server programs, which must generally translate the name to an address for use. (This task is generally performed by either getaddrinfo(3) or the obsolete gethostbyname(3).) Hostnames are resolved by the Internet name resolver in the following fashion. If the name consists of a single component, that is, contains no dot, and if the environment variable HOSTALIASES is set to the name of a file, that file is searched for any string matching the input hostname. The file should consist of lines made up of two white-space sepa- rated strings, the first of which is the hostname alias, and the second of which is the complete hostname to be substituted for that alias. If a case-insensitive match is found between the hostname to be resolved and the first field of a line in the file, the substituted name is looked up with no further processing. If the input name ends with a trailing dot, the trailing dot is removed, and the remaining name is looked up with no further processing. If the input name does not end with a trailing dot, it is looked up by searching through a list of domains until a match is found. The default search list includes first the local domain, then its parent domains with at least 2 name components (longest first). For example, in the domain CS.Berkeley.EDU, the name lithium.CChem will be checked first as lithium.CChem.CS.Berkeley.EDU and then as lithium.CChem.Berkeley.EDU. Lithium.CChem.EDU will not be tried, as there is only one component remaining from the local domain. The search path can be changed from the default by a system-wide configuration file (see resolver(5)). SEE ALSO
gethostbyname(3), resolver(5), mailaddr(7), named(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-11-07 HOSTNAME(7)