Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and rename part of a file Post 302893648 by blackrageous on Thursday 20th of March 2014 11:40:45 AM
Old 03-20-2014
I did not test this and I didn't bother to check to see if
the date in the filename is an actual date, I just parsed
based on the fact that if you use "_" as a delimiter.

Code:
input_string=${1}
source_dir="/home/abc"
target_dir="/hom01/home02"
ls ${source_dir} | while read infile
do
        pre=`echo ${infile} | cut -d"_" -f1`
        post=`echo ${infile} | cut -d"_" -f3`
        new_name="${pre}_${input_string}_${post}"
        cp ${source_dir}/${infile} ${target_dir}${new_name}
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename file by removing some part of the file name

I am special requirements to rename file. I have files with names like below: 1_firstname1_lastname1.html 2_firstname2_lastname2.html 3_fistname3_lastname2.html I would like these file to be renamed as below firstname1_lastname1.html firstname2_lastname2.html... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: McLan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename File using Terminal

I need help finding a file through terminal and then renaming it automatically. Here is what I have so far to find the file: cd /User/Applications find . */SourceM.app/banner.png | while read line; do mv "$line" banner-.png; done I want the script to rename the file "banner.png" to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbisconti97
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace then rename file

Hi, This is probably quite simple for an expert, but I keep getting confused about the best approach, grep, awk, sed. What I have is a range of files numbered 1 to 100. They go file1.txt file2.txt and so on In each file I need to find and replace a couple of items and rename add a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickenhouse
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Find and rename file

I want to find a file say IIFT and check its size is zero or not. If its zero then I have to rename anothe file say WWFT , which is in another folder to WWFT$Todaysdate. I tried below command: cd dir2 (*File WWFT is in dir2) find dir/ -type f -name 'IIFT*' -size 0 -exec mv WWFT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Rename file name / remove part of name

I have a whole file structure with jpeg files where I want to remove a part of the file name. An application added in many files a case conflict in the naming "xyz 017.jpg (Case Conflict 1)" So, can someone help me how to get rid of the " (Case Conflict 1)"? What I have is this: find . -name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find and rename of particular pattern in file.?

Hi Guys, I have folder called /input/temp. Inside the folder I have lot of files. I need to find the file of pattern Article_????_test_?????????.txt and replace by format below. Article_????_?????????.txt Below is the one which I tried but it doesn't works can you please help us.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename last part of file ?

Hi, I have large number of files like below - UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - NPP dir owner listing(vctmstt01)_072816 - Notepad.pdf UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - TTMS dir owner listing(pvcdmot35)_072816 - Notepad.pdf UNIX FY17 D21-1c Active user audit - PCP dir owner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)