Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables - MAC routing
Special Forums IP Networking iptables - MAC routing Post 302893336 by DGPickett on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 03:20:08 PM
Old 03-18-2014
Sounds like something we did to avoid manual router config for odd IP destinations: add entries to the ARP server on any local host so packets to an additional IP device installed in a host on the local net would be directed on that host's local net IP/MAC. Once these packets rise through the ethernet layer into the IP Stack, it recognizes them as local and delivers them without IP forwarding.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing or Iptables connections by hostname or ip address

edit; I found a solution that works, see thread #3 https://www.unix.com/302417065-post3.html Hi there, I have a small dedicated server that has four ip addresses and by default my httpd sends request using the servers main ip for all outbound connections. I'm quite amateur at routing and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooofa
4 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Configure iptables to allows list of MAC address

Hi all, I want to make this nw diagram: Small NW ---(eth1)-- Linux iptables --(eth0)---LAN NW And with these requirements: 1. Allow only 1 Mac address aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa from Small NW to LAN NW 2. Allow list of Mac addresses from LAN NW access to Small NW What will I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackthu80
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

iptables specific ip routing via tun

hi guys! I was searching few days for a solution to my problem but haven't found one or I'm too dumb to understand. Here's what happened: I have a linux server used as a router. It has an eth0 and eth1 (local interface). I just installed openvpn (I need it only as a client), I configured it and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamora
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables / ip route packet routing with multiple gateways

Hi all. Linux noob here. I was hoping someone could help me with configuring some routing rules on my router, an Asus AC68. The router is connected to two gateways, wan0_gateway and wan1_gateway. I have rules set up in the router gui that will push all traffic from every IP other than my own... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bishi
0 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)