Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script or alias to backup all files opened by vi Post 302893277 by sebu on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 09:46:35 AM
Old 03-18-2014
@yoda, rbatte1, thanks for the replies.
i forgot to add OS information. Servers are AIX and HPUX. i installed vim to one server. i couldnot restore from backup or a version also it is not practical to install vim to all servers. i ll try to find another solution

Thanks

Last edited by sebu; 03-18-2014 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: sth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to get the opened files by a process

Hi, i'd like to get the files which are opened by a process during his execution using the c language. Thanks for helping me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benoit.gaillard
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple files opened in awk

Hi , i' d like to use an awk script to automate the ripping of cds : here's how it works : - i first create a file named songs.txt containing the name of the songs - the scripts extracts the tracks of a cd with cdparanoia - the scripts saves the contents of the dir with ls (ls > list.txt) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krhamidou
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Backup files

Hi, I wrote a simple script to backup of index.php and index.html in my box. So, I wrote a script which take a copy of the index page as 1Mar09: but it does not comes up.. #! /bin/bash find . -name index.* > domains.txt for i in `cat domains.txt` ; do cp index* index*.1Mar09 $i; done But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script compare files and backup

Im working on a shell script that uses three parameters, a string to replace, the string replacing, and a file name. In this script it makes a back up file before the replacement occurs. However I want to be able to either search the file to see if it has the string and if it doesnt dont create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordonheimer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of files currently opened in linux

Hello, How do i check number of files currently opening in the linux server? Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you ---------- Post updated at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:19 PM ---------- never mind!! I got it. ---------- Post updated at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple .sh and alias or ? whatever. Do backup!

Hi , Using bash shell (mintty) in cygwin/windows env. for some time and having issues with most basic commands. Will be quite easy to get er done once I know how , just like magic tricks. I need either alias OR shell script to change windows to posix path AND put that line back -input OR .cd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sircuts
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of files from alias by script

Actually I have many pictures with diferent name and size around 2000, I need generate a copy of them from one list of alias. The structure of the list is something like this: alias_list.txt <01>randomname.png<02> Randomname.png RandoMname.png RandOmname.png RandomnamE.png... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 - opened files limit ?

Hey all, I'm running apache (cswapache2) on a Solaris 11.3 server. Recently, if I create a new vhost, the service fails to restart, and enters in maintenance mode. If I comment lines with log files, the service starts again. I guess I've reached the limit. I checked the current values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omegared77
8 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)					      General Commands Manual						RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-fs - Filesystem for accessing rdiff-backup archives. SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-fs <mount_point> <repository> [repositories ...] [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-fs is a filesystem in userspace that reads rdiff-backup archives and provides convenient access. OPTIONS
--debug <0-4> Run rdiff-backup-fs in foreground with given verbosity of debug messages. -f, --full Store information about all revisions in memory. CAUTION: this may take a lot of memory if your archive contains many revisions. -l, --last Displays files from the most recent increment as directories, each holding every version of the file. CAUTION: this stores informa- tion about all revisions in memory and therefore may take a lot of memory if archive contains many revisions. -c <n>, --caching <n> How many files retrieved from the rdiff-backup archive may be cached by filesystem. By default rdiff-backup-fs will cache up to 10 files. If this switch is set to 0, no caching will be done. -r <n>, --revisions <n> How many revisions should be stored in memory for on demand revision retrieval. By default rdiff-backup-fs will store up to 10 revi- sions in memory. -d, --directory <path> Set directory for directory with temporary files. By default rdiff-backup-fs uses /tmp. -v, --version Print version of rdiff-backup-fs and exit. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1) COPYRIGHT
rdiff-backup-fs is Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Filip Gruszczyski. rdiff-backup-fs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. AUTHORS
Filip Gruszczyski <gruszczy@gmail.com> RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)