Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory Post 302893230 by SriniShoo on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 04:35:12 AM
Old 03-18-2014
where do you want to use the array values inside sqlplus?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus -s error capture

Hi folks a wee problem that requires some help. I am writing a script that allows me to automate the changing of a password in sqlplus the problem i encounter is that the code contains a case statement that allows the helpdesk to select whether to allow or deny access by switching the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w33man
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error connecting to sqlplus

Hi, I wrote a shell script to call oracle procedure. But when i am trying to connet sqlplus with the fallowing statement It is giving me error " callproce.sh : sqlplus: not found". What could be the problem. sqlplus -s $CONNECT_STRING >$LOGFILE <<!! thank u all papachi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papachi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS error

I am running a script that invokes SQLPLUS. During the execution I get the following: SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production on Mon Jun 11 16:12:50 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error running sqlplus from shell file

I am running a shell file following script on bash shell in solaris 10 ( echo abc@orcl echo abc echo "set feedback off" echo "truncate table SIndexDataTypeHst1_changes;" ) | sqlplus -s but getting the following error ERROR: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus error output to different error log file

HELLO, I am using such a command to write oracle sqlplus query result to text file: sqlplus -S xxx/xxx@xxxxxxx @\tmp\2.sql>\tmp\123.txt Is it possible to script that: If command succesfull write in \tmp\log.txt: timestamp and "succeded" and create 123.txt with results else If error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomasba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS Error Capturing

This is my .sh file sqlplus -s my_user/my_pswd@mydb @my_sql.sql ret_code=$? if then echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Failed" else echo "return code is $ret_code " echo "Success" fi ===================================================== and my_sql.sql is whenever... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emailsafath2011
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Unix parameter to SQLPlus login command

hi All, i m trying to pass a user choice paramter from unix to sqlplus connect command here i want the user to enter the username and password he wants to connect in sql plus through read in unix and then automatically connect to that instance. sqlplus -s $1/$2 where $ 1 and $2 will b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS Password Parameter file being used when logging in

Good day to everyone. This is my first time posting and just barely above basic Unix training. I think i have search thoroughly to ensure my question hasn't already been posted. But on the off chance the answer has been posted, please be nice as I am not 100% sure I know what I am looking for. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mrjester
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

sqlplus: No such file or directory

Hello, I installed on my ubuntu 8.04.4 the oracle instant client 10.2.0.4.0 and that installation worked correctly as I can connect the oracle instances. Now I'm trying to get sqlplus to work but haven't been successful. Here is the error I get: # sqlplus -bash:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniloviz
5 Replies

10. AIX

SQLoader & SQLplus error ?

Hi experts, I have got the following errors when running my sqloader script : Can anyone give me a hand ? ERROR: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN ] where <logon> ::= <username> <proxy> ::= <proxyuser>... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaewong
14 Replies
STR_WORD_COUNT(3)							 1							 STR_WORD_COUNT(3)

str_word_count - Return information about words used in a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_word_count (string $string, [int $format], [string $charlist]) DESCRIPTION
Counts the number of words inside $string. If the optional $format is not specified, then the return value will be an integer representing the number of words found. In the event the $format is specified, the return value will be an array, content of which is dependent on the $format. The possible value for the $format and the resultant outputs are listed below. For the purpose of this function, 'word' is defined as a locale dependent string containing alphabetic characters, which also may contain, but not start with "'" and "-" characters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string o $format - Specify the return value of this function. The current supported values are: o 0 - returns the number of words found o 1 - returns an array containing all the words found inside the $string o 2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position of the word inside the $string and the value is the actual word itself o $charlist - A list of additional characters which will be considered as 'word' RETURN VALUES
Returns an array or an integer, depending on the $format chosen. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $charlist parameter | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A str_word_count(3) example <?php $str = "Hello fri3nd, you're looking good today!"; print_r(str_word_count($str, 1)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 2)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 1, 'aaac3')); echo str_word_count($str); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri [2] => nd [3] => you're [4] => looking [5] => good [6] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [6] => fri [10] => nd [14] => you're [29] => looking [46] => good [51] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri3nd [2] => you're [3] => looking [4] => good [5] => today ) 7 SEE ALSO
explode(3), preg_split(3), split(3), count_chars(3), substr_count(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_WORD_COUNT(3)