Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Long.MAX_VALUE - System.currentTimeMillis() Post 302893214 by mohapatra on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 03:26:00 AM
Old 03-18-2014
%N gives in NANO second , not in millis.
also how can i get yesterday's date and time in millis

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

5. Solaris

uptime command not showing how long the system has been up

Hello folks, uptime command not shows how long the system has been up. I know it come from a corruption of /var/adm/utmpx file. I've done : cat /dev/null > /var/adm/utmpx Now who and last commands work fine. But uptime still give me back an answer without the "up time". In which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find out bottleneck if system is taking long time in gzip

Dear All, OS = Solaris 5.10 Hardware Sun Fire T2000 with 1 Ghz quode core We have oracle application 11i with 10g database. When ever i am trying to take cold backup of database with 55GB size its taking long time to finish. As the application is down nobody is using the server at all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoojamu
8 Replies

7. Programming

Problems with JNI and currentTimeMillis function

Hello, I have a technical problem: I work on AIX 7.1 with Java 1.7 (32 and 64 bit) and I make an application that intercepts certain functions related to time. In this application there is a Java JNI agent with whom I can intercept the Java "getLastModifiedTime" no problem but I am unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steph311
5 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
SUX(1)								   User Commands							    SUX(1)

NAME
sux - wrapper around su which will transfer your X credentials SYNOPSIS
sux [OPTS] [-] [[username] [ARGS]] suxterm [OPTS] [-] [username] DESCRIPTION
sux is a wrapper around the standard su command which will transfer your X credentials to the target user. Note, suxterm forces ARGS to be 'xterm', and will try to launch an xterminal window. QUICK CALLING
'sux user' and 'sux - user' behave just like su but transfer $DISPLAY and the X cookies. OPTIONS
--untrusted To generate an untrusted cookie, see 'xauth'. --timout <period> To generate a temporary cookie for <period> seconds, see 'xauth'. -m,-p --preserve-environment In this case sux will override XAUTHORITY to the so that xauth does not try to use the original user's .Xauthority file (which it obviously could not do anyway due to access rights). --no-cookies Just transfer DISPLAY, not the cookies. You could do this if you have already transfered the cookies in a previous invocation of sux. --copy-cookies Copy the cookies using xauth. This is the default method (and only method most of the time). --use-xauthority Instead of transfering the cookies, set the XAUTHORITY environment variable to access the original .Xauthority file. There's a cou- ple caveats with this method. First, due to the access right issues it's only usable by root. But even then it may not work if the .Xauthority file is accessed via NFS, e.g. if the home directories are on NFS (note that this is quite dangerous already since your cookies will travel unencrypted over the network). Then, if root runs commands like xauth add/remove, the .Xauthority's ownership will belong to him. This will leave the original user in trouble as he will no longer be able to access X! So only use this option with great care. Finally, this method does not work if you also want to use '--untrusted' or '--timeout'. --display specify which display to use (in case of having more than one available). AUTHOR
Originally written by Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr> Manpage written by Millis Miller <millis@faztek.org> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <millis@faztek.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
su (1), xauth (1) sux 1.0 Sept 2003 SUX(1)