Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut wildcard characters from a string Post 302893185 by raokl on Monday 17th of March 2014 09:45:10 PM
Old 03-17-2014
Cut wildcard characters from a string

Hello All,

I have to write a shell logic inside my ANT Script , the data from my ANT is in the string like

string a = "test1.props,test2.props,*,test3.props,?,test4,props"

how do i remove this wild card characters from my string a and assign them to an other string , like i only want to remove * ? and put them to other string

string b = "*, ?"
and
string c = "test1.props,test2.props,*,test3.props,?,test4,props"

because i wanted to put a logic where if this string value is * or ? , I will write a logic to exist the build and give the failure to user.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

CUT command - cutting characters from end of string

Hello, I need to delete the final few characters from a parameter leaving just the first few. However, the characters which need to remain will not always be a string of the same length. For instance, the parameter will be passed as BN_HSBC_NTRS/hub_mth_ifce.sf. I only need the bit before the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut string with wildcard (sed)

i got text file and contain.... SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth0 OUT=eth1 SRC=75.38.161.80 DST=192.168.1.56 PROTO=UDP SPT=30645 DPT=12630 LEN=66 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0 SRC=192.168.1.56 DST=118.109.39.86 PROTO=UDP SPT=12630 DPT=15889 LEN=75 SKYPE Dec 11 09:26:05 IN=eth1 OUT=eth0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slackman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in using wildcard characters in xargs with find

Hi, Under my parent diectory I have directory named "Response" in many of its subfolders. I am interested to see all files with extention .pro in Response Directory. I am giving following command - find . -name "Response" -type d | xargs -i ls -lrt {}/*.pro but it is not giving result. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find replace a particular string of data with wildcard

Hi I am having a csv file in which lots of data are available wherein i need to find a particular kind of data and replace it with null value. here is the sample data.. I need to find the string starting with 404-064- and up to the first space i have to remove the data and keep the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed delete wildcard within a string

Hi I would like to batch delete the "note" entry from bib files. The start would be defined by "note ={" and the end by "}." (see example bib entry below). I tried the following command which does not have any effect: cat input.bib| sed -e 's/note = {.*}.//' > output.bib Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerggeismann
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed cut characters of string

helloo I wonder if there's a way to cut characters out of a string and keep only the last 2 by using sed. For example if there's the todays' date: 2012-05-06 and we only want to keep the last 2 characters which are the day. Is there a quick way to do it with sed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed! - Cut characters after a text string and append to end of filename

Hi all.. I have several unique files that contain one thing in common, and that is acct#. For all files in the directory, I want to append the 10 characters following the word "ACCOUNT:" to the end of the filename. for example: I have file 111_123 that contains ACCOUNT:ABC1234567 The file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinderella1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut a string for last 8 characters

Hello All I have a file like this abc.tpt.ctl bdc.tpt.ctl cdw.tpt.ctl I have looped every line using the for Loop, now I want to take each line and cut the .tpt.ctl part of it and store it in a variable and use the variable in same loop. The part I am stuck at is how do I cut the last... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace characters using a wildcard

Hello, I have some data that looks like the following, > <SALTDATA> (OVS0199262) HCl > <IDNUMBER> (OVS0199262) OVS0199262 > <SUPPLIER> (OVS0199262) TimTec > <EMAIL> (OVS0199262) info@timtec.net > <WEBSITE> (OVS0199262) http://www.timtec.net I need to remove the data in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)

NAME
CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML - Initialize FormBuilder from YAML file SYNOPSIS
use CGI::FormBuilder; my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new( source => { source => 'form.fb', type => 'YAML', }, ); my $lname = $form->field('lname'); # like normal DESCRIPTION
This reads a YAML (YAML::Syck) file that contains FormBuilder config options and returns a hash to be fed to CGI::FormBuilder->new(). Instead of the syntax read by CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File, it uses YAML syntax as read by YAML::Syck. That means you fully specify the entire data structure. LoadCode is enabled, so you can use YAML syntax for defining subroutines. This is convenient if you have a function that generates valida- tion subrefs, for example, I have one that can check profanity using Regexp::Common. validate: myfield: javascript: /^[sS]{2,50}$/ perl: !!perl/code: >- { My::Funk::fb_perl_validate({ min => 2, max => 50, profanity => 'check' })->(shift); } POST PROCESSING
There are two exceptions to "pure YAML syntax" where this module does some post-processing of the result. REFERENCES (ala CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File) You can specify references as string values that start with &, $, @, or \% in the same way you can with CGI::FormBuilder::Source::File. If you have a full direct package reference, it will look there, otherwise it will traverse up the caller stack and take the first it finds. For example, say your code serves multiple sites, and a menu gets different options depending on the server name requested: # in My::Funk: our $food_options = { www.meats.com => [qw( beef chicken horta fish )], www.veggies.com => [qw( carrot apple quorn radish )], }; # in source file: options: @{ $My::Funk::food_options->{ $ENV{SERVER_NAME} } } EVAL STRINGS You can specify an eval statement. You could achieve the same example a different way: options: eval { $My::Funk::food_options->{ $ENV{SERVER_NAME} }; } The cost either way is about the same -- the string is eval'd. EXAMPLE
method: GET header: 0 title: test name: test action: /test submit: test it linebreaks: 1 required: - test1 - test2 fields: - test1 - test2 - test3 - test4 fieldopts: test1: type: text size: 10 maxlength: 32 test2: type: text size: 10 maxlength: 32 test3: type: radio options: - - 1 - Yes - - 0 - No test4: options: @test4opts sort: &Someother::Package::sortopts validate: test1: /^w{3,10}$/ test2: javascript: EMAIL perl: eq 'test@test.foo' test3: - 0 - 1 test4: @test4opts You get the idea. A bit more whitespace, but it works in a standardized way. METHODS
new() Normally not used directly; it is called from CGI::FormBuilder. Creates the "CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML" object. Arguments from the 'source' hash passed to CGI::FormBuilder->new() will become defaults, unless specified in the file. parse($source) Normally not used directly; it is called from CGI::FormBuilder. Parses the specified source file. No fancy params -- just a single file- name is accepted. If the file isn't acceptable to YAML::Syck, I suppose it will die. SEE ALSO
CGI::FormBuilder, CGI::FormBuilder::Source AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2006 Mark Hedges <hedges@ucsd.edu>. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This module is free software; you may copy it under terms of the Perl license (GNU General Public License or Artistic License.) http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.html perl v5.8.8 2007-12-09 CGI::FormBuilder::Source::YAML(3pm)