Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Long.MAX_VALUE - System.currentTimeMillis() Post 302893182 by mohapatra on Monday 17th of March 2014 08:51:06 PM
Old 03-17-2014
Debian Long.MAX_VALUE - System.currentTimeMillis()

How can i get Long.MAX_VALUE - System.currentTimeMillis() ( in Java ) In Unix.

date %s is not the timpstamp in millis.

Also is it possible if we can System.currentTimeMillis() equivalent of
yesterday's 23:59:59 in millis ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

5. Solaris

uptime command not showing how long the system has been up

Hello folks, uptime command not shows how long the system has been up. I know it come from a corruption of /var/adm/utmpx file. I've done : cat /dev/null > /var/adm/utmpx Now who and last commands work fine. But uptime still give me back an answer without the "up time". In which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find out bottleneck if system is taking long time in gzip

Dear All, OS = Solaris 5.10 Hardware Sun Fire T2000 with 1 Ghz quode core We have oracle application 11i with 10g database. When ever i am trying to take cold backup of database with 55GB size its taking long time to finish. As the application is down nobody is using the server at all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoojamu
8 Replies

7. Programming

Problems with JNI and currentTimeMillis function

Hello, I have a technical problem: I work on AIX 7.1 with Java 1.7 (32 and 64 bit) and I make an application that intercepts certain functions related to time. In this application there is a Java JNI agent with whom I can intercept the Java "getLastModifiedTime" no problem but I am unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steph311
5 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::DayForecast - class representing a forecast for one day SYNOPSIS
[...] my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $forecast = $locations[0]->forecast(); my $tomorrow = $forecast->day(1); print "Forecast for tomorrow: "; print " - tomorrow it's the ", $tomorrow->date()->date(), " "; print " - sunrise will be at ", $tomorrow->sunrise()->time(), " "; print " - maximum temperature will be ", $tomorrow->high(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Via Weather::Com::DayForecast objects one can access the weather forecast for one specific day. This class will not be updated automatically with each call to one of its methods. You need to call a method of your Weather::Com::Forecast object to get updated objects. CONSTRUCTOR
You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "day(number of day)" or the "all()" method of a Weather::Com::Forecast object. METHODS
date() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the date the forecast is for. high() Returns the maximum temperature that will be reached at daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be 'N/A' when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! low() Returns the minimum temperature that will be reached at night. sunrise() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunrise. sunset() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunset. day() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be "undef" when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! night() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the night. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (<http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html>)! perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)