Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write Linux script to convert timestamps older than 1.1.1970 to 1.1.1980 Post 302893178 by wisecracker on Monday 17th of March 2014 07:21:23 PM
Old 03-17-2014
Not sure if this is what you are after...
Only got OSX 10.7.5 with me at the moment, this uses BSD date command. My Linux machine is at work so the date format will probably be different...
You could try and create a negative epoch, (using BSD date in this example), something like:-
Code:
Last login: Mon Mar 17 23:16:53 on ttys000
AMIGA:barrywalker~> date -j -f "%d-%m-%Y" 19-02-1956 +%s
AMIGA:barrywalker~> date -j -f "%d-%m-%Y" 19-02-1965 +%s
AMIGA:barrywalker~> date -j -f "%d-%m-%Y" 19-12-1969 +%s
AMIGA:barrywalker~> date -j -f "%d-%m-%Y" 31-12-1969 +%s
AMIGA:barrywalker~> _

And if the result IS negative then set as you require...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to write a home-grown backup script for Linux

I am researching ways in which to backup files or whole file systems for backup to another system. We are using Suse Linux 7.0 with no tape backup devices or secondary disks. What utilities would be the best to use for a simple yet flexible script for backup purposes? tar, cpio, compress. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want To convert script in Linux format

I have scripts which I want to convert in Linux format. Note these scripts are in txt format.But I want to convert them in Linux, as DBA's will be using this script. Any command or utility which converts tht files in proper Linux format. Thanks in Adavce. Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a problem with write a script in Linux version 2.4.27-ubnt0

Hello everyone, I have a radio wireless called UBNT Nanostation5 It has this linux OS:Linux version 2.4.27-ubnt0 When i want to write a script in ssh, i get some errors The script is: ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:15:6D:**:**:** ifconfig eth0 up cfg -x echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cygol
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script security policy settings for linux

The pro help! Write a shell script setup for linux security policies include: 1. login (username and password login). 2. add, delete your username and password. 3. firewall. Note: Write a shell script file as follows: If login successful then Step 2. If step 2 succeeds (ie add,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngovuongbinhtay
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert script linux to solaris???

dear all how to convert my script like this Code: awk -F "," '{close(f);f=$1}{print > f".txt"}' sample.txt for using in solaris iam first in solaris so all my script in linux not alot of working in solaris thx for advice (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setuid not working in Linux as script fails to write to file.

Hi, I have the following 3 test files to test setuid bit which if it works I would like to implement in our application. However setuid doesnot seem to be having any impact on my test below.Following are the 3 files of interest in /tmp/ folder. $ ls -ltr *env* -rw------- 1 g332008 users 6... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to convert an expect script to binary in Linux

Does anyone know how to convert an expect script to binary in linux?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Wilson
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write with a look for timestamps

hello i'm using SOX to generate a spectrogram from a wave file with the command : #sox file.wav -n spectrogram is there a way to create a spectrogram using the same command but reading file timestamps instead of the namefile.wav , since name is changing every 4 hours? (it's saved with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Frequency of Words in a File, sed script from 1980

tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | tr A-Z a-z | sort | uniq -c | sort -k1,1nr -k2 | sed ${1:-25} < book7.txt This is not my script, it can be found way back from 1980 but once it worked fine to give me the most used words in a text file. Now the shell is complaining about an error in sed sed: -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
5 Replies
EASTER_DATE(3)								 1							    EASTER_DATE(3)

easter_date - Get Unix timestamp for midnight on Easter of a given year

SYNOPSIS
int easter_date ([int $year = date("Y")]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the Unix timestamp corresponding to midnight on Easter of the given year. Warning This function will generate a warning if the year is outside of the range for Unix timestamps (i.e. before 1970 or after 2037). The date of Easter Day was defined by the Council of Nicaea in AD325 as the Sunday after the first full moon which falls on or after the Spring Equinox. The Equinox is assumed to always fall on 21st March, so the calculation reduces to determining the date of the full moon and the date of the following Sunday. The algorithm used here was introduced around the year 532 by Dionysius Exiguus. Under the Julian Calendar (for years before 1753) a simple 19-year cycle is used to track the phases of the Moon. Under the Gregorian Calendar (for years after 1753 - devised by Clavius and Lilius, and introduced by Pope Gregory XIII in October 1582, and into Britain and its then colonies in September 1752) two correction factors are added to make the cycle more accurate. PARAMETERS
o $year - The year as a number between 1970 an 2037. If omitted, defaults to the current year according to the local time. RETURN VALUES
The easter date as a unix timestamp. EXAMPLES
Example #1 easter_date(3) example <?php echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(1999)); // Apr-04-1999 echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(2000)); // Apr-23-2000 echo date("M-d-Y", easter_date(2001)); // Apr-15-2001 ?> NOTES
Note easter_date(3) relies on your system's C library time functions, rather than using PHP's internal date and time functions. As a con- sequence, easter_date(3) uses the TZ environment variable to determine the time zone it should operate in, rather than using PHP's default time zone, which may result in unexpected behaviour when using this function in conjunction with other date functions in PHP. As a workaround, you can use the easter_days(3) with DateTime and DateInterval to calculate the start of Easter in your PHP time zone as follows: <?php function get_easter_datetime($year) { $base = new DateTime("$year-03-21"); $days = easter_days($year); return $base->add(new DateInterval("P{$days}D")); } foreach (range(2012, 2015) as $year) { printf("Easter in %d is on %s ", $year, get_easter_datetime($year)->format('F j')); } ?> The above example will output: Easter in 2012 is on April 8 Easter in 2013 is on March 31 Easter in 2014 is on April 20 Easter in 2015 is on April 5 SEE ALSO
easter_days(3) for calculating Easter before 1970 or after 2037 . PHP Documentation Group EASTER_DATE(3)