Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Regarding Upgrading RAM in AIX 6.1 Post 302893153 by blackrageous on Monday 17th of March 2014 03:27:42 PM
Old 03-17-2014
Why so much paging space?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrading AIX Unix

Hi all, I've got a question about an OS upgrade. I'm planning to do a upgrade from AIX UNIX 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 in a few weeks. I haven't got that much information. Could someone give me some general tips or hints, things I should think of before? Things I should know, or general errors. I know... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
9 Replies

2. AIX

To find RAM Size in AIX as normal user?

Hi, Am jus trying to find the Total RAM Size of a AIX m/c (in MB)..svmon works perfectly for a superuser...But i want to achive this as a normal user...Please help me out with correct command.. Best Regards, Muthukumaran.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumaran13
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

4. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrading AIX from 5.3 to 6.1

Hi, I am having 2 Hard disk one for os and another for data,I would like to know for Upgrading AIX 5.3 to 6.1,wheather I have to varry off datavg while upgrading, or any other files needs to be backup. Please suggest Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. AIX

Upgrading from native MPIO to SDDPCM AIX 6.1

We have AIX 6.1 system attached to SAN disks (DS4700 and DS8100) thru SVC. Initially when the system was I forgot to install sddpcm drivers. and wanted to know how can i go with the installation of the sddpcm drivers. My understandin going thru the manual ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrading from aix 5.3 to ?

Hey guys, since AIX 5.3 reaches EOS on april 2012, I really need to update my systems asap. Any experience on upgrading directly to 7.1, with sap/db2/oracle? could do fresh installs and import my sap/db vgs, but this would be a lot of work cheers Funksen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

8. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

9. AIX

How can we re-mount the RAM disk automatically after the reboot on AIX?

Hi All, I was trying to know more about RAM disk concept in AIX. I found something on IBM site. I was able to create and use/delete RAM disk as per IBM instructions. But as you guys know, this RAM disk is a temporary storage. (*when ever we reboot the AIX LPAR, content/RAM disk will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrading to AIX 7 vs migrating

Hi all, I have this weird notion that upgrading the TL does not cause the machine to wipe, but upgrading a major version (from aix 6 to 7) means it's actually a fresh install and will wipe the date and i have to install the software again (TSM server, for instance). Trying to google it, i came... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tde3000
3 Replies
pi_stress(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					      pi_stress(8)

NAME
pi_stress - a stress test for POSIX Priority Inheritance mutexes SYNOPSIS
pi_stress [-i|--inversions inversions] [-t|--duration seconds] [-g|--groups groups [-d|--debug] [-v|--verbose] [-s|--signal] [-r|--rr] [-p|--prompt] [-m|--mlockall] [-u|--uniprocessor] pi_stress -h|--help DESCRIPTION
pi_stress is a program used to stress the priority-inheritance code paths for POSIX mutexes, in both the Linux kernel and the C library. It runs as a realtime-priority task and launches inversion machine thread groups. Each inversion group causes a priorty inversion condition that will deadlock if priority inheritance doesn't work. OPTIONS
-i n|--inversions=n Run for n number of inversion conditions. This is the total number of inversions for all inversion groups. Default is -1 for infi- nite. -t n|--duration=n Run the test for n seconds and then terminate. -g n|--groups=n The number of inversion groups to run. Defaults to 10. -d|--debug Run in debug mode; lots of extra prints -v|--verbose Run with verbose messages -s|--signal Terminate on receipt of SIGTERM (Ctrl-C). Default is to terminate on any keypress. -r|--rr Run inversion group threads as SCHED_RR (round-robin). The default is to run the inversion threads as SCHED_FIFO. -p|--prompt Prompt before actually starting the stress test -u|--uniprocessor Run all threads on one processor. The default is to run all inversion group threads on one processor and the admin threads (report- ing thread, keyboard reader, etc.) on a different processor. -m|--mlockall Call mlockall to lock current and future memory allocations and prevent being paged out -h|--help Display a short help message and options. CAVEATS
The pi_stress test threads run as SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR threads, which means that they can starve critical system threads. It is advisable to change the scheduling policy of critical system threads to be SCHED_FIFO prior to running pi_stress and use a priority of 10 or higher, to prevent those threads from being starved by the stress test. BUGS
No documented bugs. AUTHOR
Clark Williams <williams@redhat.com> Nov 27, 2006 pi_stress(8)