Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How To Print Array in awk?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How To Print Array in awk? Post 302893134 by Corona688 on Monday 17th of March 2014 01:57:34 PM
Old 03-17-2014
It's a bash variable, not an awk one -- they're separate languages.

You'd want to actually put it into awk for it to be able to print it.

Code:
OLDIFS="$IFS" # Save value of special variable
IFS="|"

awk -v AS="${LOADSTATUS[*]}" 'BEGIN { MAX=split(AS,LOADSTATUS,"|");
for (x = 1; x <= MAX; x++)
        print LOADSTATUS[x]
 }' /dev/null

IFS="$OLDIFS"

The IFS variable controls, among other things, what string it will put between array members when you do ${ARRAY[*]}. Here we tell it to use | so awk can split it back apart into an array.

Last edited by Corona688; 03-17-2014 at 03:15 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: reading into an array and then print the value corresponding to index

I am beginner in awk awk 'BEGIN{for(i=1;(getline<"opnoise")>0;i++) arr=$1}{print arr}' In the above script, opnoise is a file, I am reading it into an array and then printing the value corresponding to index 20. Well this is not my real objective, but I have posted this example to describe... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshaykr2
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print ip to hostname with array

Hi Anyone can help me??i writing a perl using array to translate ip address to the hostname my script are below.this line print "$myhost{$ipaddr}\n"; blank :mad:hostname dint come out:mad::mad: #!/usr/local/bin/perl @ipaddr=("192.1.168.2","172.25.1.13","129.1.2.5"); %myhost = { 192.1.168.2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Array function

The code below prints outs each array element, but it always says the array length is 1 even though its not. What am i doing wrong? function printArray(){ #here should check if it is an array and that an arg exits echo "Priting array" myarr="${@}" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print @array content to a file

Hi, as the title, I have an array @f_lines with gene information in it. How can I put the content of @f_lines into a file so that I can read it? I tried this: open(OUTPUT, "file"); # put gene information in this file; @f_lines = ("gene1", "gene2", "gene3"...); # gene information; print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyni2ULF
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print array into a single file - AWK

Hi all, I been looking for a solution to the fact that when I use: for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) print $ifields that are originally in a single line are printed in a single line I have severals files for which the first 7 are the same, but the number of variables after that can vary, for example NF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulaL
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print arguments using array elements not working?

Hey guys, I'm new to shell scripting and I'm trying to write a script that takes user input and copies the specified columns from a data file to a new one. In order to account for the possibility of a variable number of columns to copy I wrote a loop that encodes the user's choices in an array... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaner
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign an shell array to awk array?

Hello All, Can you please help me with the below. #!/bin/bash ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5 EXTRACT_DT:30-SEP-12 VER_NUM:1" ARR="No Differences In Stage Between HASH_TOTALS & HASH_TOTALS_COMP For UNINUM:0722075 PROVIDER:5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass array to shell and print

How do i pass an array from test4.sh to a function in another shell script test5.sh, basically i am sourcing the test5.sh in test4.sh and printing the contents, but not working below are my trial scripts, please help, thank you. #!/bin/bash # /usr/local/dw/archive/test5.sh print_array() {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting array in .awk file and print it

I have test.sh file as below : set -A IDARR $ID echo | awk -f test.awk -v TempArr="${IDARR }" I have test.awk file as below : BEGIN { Flag = 1; } { print "Hello"; for(i in TempArr) { print i; } } (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print array that occurs the most with matching value in another field

In the below awk I am splitting $7 on the : and then counting each line or NM_xxxx. If the $1 value is the same for each line then print the $7 that occurs the most with the matching $1 value. The awk seems close but I am not sure what is going on. I included a description as well as to what I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)