Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop? Post 302893064 by ctsgnb on Monday 17th of March 2014 09:13:09 AM
Old 03-17-2014
If you have it on your OS, also check the watch command
Code:
man watch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on the hour but only for 30mins

Hi All, I want to run a script on the hour during a 24 - hour period; easy enough cron will take care of that..however I want the script to only run for only 30mins.. so with the script it knows its 30mins are up so exits. any ideas? Any help, greatly appericated. Thanking you all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to stop execution of a script after one hour

I have a shell script that writes some data in a file. I want to stop the script after one hour from start of execution using "EXIT 1". how to do it. I don't want to use CRONTAB. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Run a job every hour without using crontab

Hi, Can anyone help me in finding how to run a specific job every hour without using crontab. Say for example i need to run a command ps -aux in the starting of every hour.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script continuously for 10 minutes

Hi all!! Im using ksh and my OS is Linux. I want to run a script for ten minutes, starting from my current system time. How to acheive this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in running a script continuously non stop

Hi, I am running a schedular script which will check for a specific time and do the job. I wanted to run this continuously. Meaning even after the if condition is true and it executes the job, it should start running again non stop. I am using below script #!/bin/sh start: while true do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi, Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir. Please suggest me with the sample script. Thanks !! Reagrds, Rama (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
5 Replies

8. AIX

Run ps aux continuously in AIX

Requirement is to monitor cpu usage /process for a user given time and record the output. topas,topasout,topasrec,tprof not seems to be working for me. so what i am looking for is to run below command continously till the time limit given by the user who runs the script.since below command is a one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to be run every one hour

How can we run shell script every one hour. Anyone having code unit for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour

Hi, I have a script written for monitoring the queue manager status continously. below is the script. QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` QMSTATUS=`dspmq | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` count=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
5 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)